1.

1.

"Eye contact is very dangerous, but oh so lovely"

-Anonymous

"Savannah--- get your lazy ass out of bed and get ready" My bastard of a step father yelled. I groaned wrapping the pillow around my head, ignoring the constant demand of my step father.

Okay, time to fill you into the under average life of Savannah Alison Nicoletta Ari Sanchez.

2 years ago my mother remarried to my step father Paul, which I thought was totally hypocritical as my mother told me that after my father's death a few months before we would need time to heal but it wasn't even 6 months later before my mother found comfort in another man and announced her engagement a few months later.

I stood there on my mother's wedding day faking the smile she needed from me even though she knew this was killing me inside and even though she knew my decision, she was practically forcing me to move in with them yesterday.

To where you ask? Dublin, yep; Dublin, Ireland. Which is basically an ocean away from America and is my new home something I will never forgive my mother or step father for.

I screamed as I feel the comfort if my duvet being lifted away 

"Get up , you don't want to be late" 

"I don't wanna go" 

I gave up frustrated as I could no longer find the warmth if my blanket.

My step father opened the curtains causing light to shine through my room, the sun sprawled across my walls.

"Make it stop" I overdramatised  

"Ari-" 

"Don't ever call me that" I growled, the only person who had ever called me Ari was my father. 

"Come on its your first day" he pleaded 

"I never asked for it to be my first day, I never even asked to move to this boring and pathetic country" 

"Well,this boring and pathetic country is where I grew up" 

"Yeah, I guess that would explain the reason why I fucking hate you"

"You can be as mad as you want but don't you ever use those words under my roof ever again" 

"Fine, then give me a plane ticket to get out of this shit hole" 

"I wasn't joking" he yelled  

"Neither was I and excuse you I wouldn't be living under your roof if you hadn't if married my mother and to be honest I never wanted to be here Paul" I replied popping the 'p' as my cheeks were a darker shade of red then usual 

"Well as long as you live under my roof, you live under my rules and until your eighteen your stuck with me" he replied walking out the door 

"Suck a duck" I screamed as I slam the door.

****

I longingly take a shower, soaking in the water and paying no herd to Paul constant warnings to hurry up.

I finally decide I should stop pushing Paul's buttons and get dressed.

I enter my plain and lifeless room, wow, I really need to redecorate. I grab my Black 'Hispta Please' tee and my baby blue Abercrombie and Finch sweater before pairing it with some black skinnies and vibrant red Keds.

I add a light amount of foundation, black eye shadow and mascara and my favourite signature Cheery Red lipstick before grabbing a granola bar and walking to the car.

****

The drive to new school was silent; actually let me rephrase that - Paul made conversation but I chose to ignore. I know you probably think I am a bitch for hating the man who's done nothing but be kind to me but imagine someone trying to fill the place of a man you knew from birth, who raised you, cared for you and loved you. I heard Paul mumble something under his breath but I chose not ask.

I put my earphones in hoping the music of Ed Sheeran could take me away from my less-than-perfect reality but I take my earphones out realising we're here. 

"Bye Sweetheart" 

"Bye Paul" I replied dryly