twenty

.

- April -

Everyday that seemed to pass by ever since the doctor let me finally see him, Harry has been getting better. As in, the supposed voices in his head were no longer voices, and hallucinations were no longer happening for him.

The doctor recently prescribed meds that really did help him and all Harry had to really do was take one each day.

He was okay, he was unbelievably okay.

It was lunch hour, meaning I could go in today and see him.

I also recently started getting back into school. It was unusual and so uncomfortable since everyone managed to ask the same questions.

Are you okay?

What happened?

how did it feel?

Or the occasional comments such as,

you were gone for so long.

I am so sorry.

Pretty much, everyone pitied me. To admit, it was such a traumatizing experience being kidnapped, being sold, helping my kidnapper find an escape for the both of us.

But still, I felt helpess. Everyone seemed to talk to me like I was this lost cause. I was nothing but a girl who ran away the whole time, I was scared. I hate being scared.

I wanted to feel powerful.

As I stepped into the day room, I looked around from the number of patients in here just roaming around or sitting down.

I found Harry sitting at one of the tables, staring at a small slip in his hand in concentration.

"Hey." I snapped him out of his thoughts as I sat down in the seat in front of him.

My hair was up in a loose ponytail, random strands sticking out. I was also in just a black hoodie and some jeans, seeing I have sort of gotten used to showing up here frequently.

"Hey." He managed to smile but it quickly faded away as his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"You seem.. Thoughtful, happy even." I pulled a small smile as I pursed my lips.

"Doesn't matter." He shrugged, trying to brush it off. "So I thought you weren't supposed to visit until Saturday? Is it Saturday already?" His piercing green eyes stare into my dull brown ones as he tilted his head slightly.

I've visited a total of about seven times now, meaning it's been nearly two weeks.

I still can't believe I was really doing this.. It was legal, though. I mean it was my choice, with no such thing as a restraining order involved.

"Well, I'm missing half of Literature class for this." I sighed, checking my phone for the time.

The mention made him frown as he set the thing down, what seemed to be a photo now that I saw. A photo of Gemma and him.

It looked like an old photo, Harry looked so.. Young, so innocent. It looked as if he wouldn't touch a soul, watch it bleed. His eyes showed brightness, he was nearly beaming as he had an arm tightly wrapped around Gemma's shoulders.

What happened?

My heart sunk when my thoughts began to rehash the beginning, how I was partly the reason for Harry spiralling and reaching rock bottom.

"I don't want you going back there anymore April, didn't you hear me?" He spoke up, making me turn to him. I gulped, my fingers twiddling around with my necklace.