three

.

- April -

* FLASHBACK *

It was early June, literally one more week til' I get out of here, have the time of my life.

Let's say, my first year of high school didn't suck and it didn't necessarily kick ass.. But I was thankful it was over, next year I'd come back better, I guess. Or just improved.

"April!" My friend Elizabeth shrieked as she ran over to me.

"Woah what's up?" I laughed, giving her a quick hug.

We were in the hallways for lunch, seeing the cafeteria was too full. And sitting there just made me feel completely uncomfortable.

"So rumor has it, that Louis totally has an eye for you." She smirked.

"Tomlinson? The sophomore? The one who plays for the football varsity team? Are you sure?" My eyes widened, almost in shock. Me?

"Yes, Tomlinson. He wants to ask you out on a date!" She grinned.

"But I'm freshmeat." I tilted my head innocently. Come on, who's a sophomore who would have any interest in a freshman at all?

"Not for long." She smirked. ''Now if I were you, I'd take the chance.''

"It's a rumor, Ellie." I groaned. ''There could be another junior named April, and he could possibly be talking about her.''

"Age doesn't matter, April. It's the golden rule.''

"Not really a rule." I chuckled, raising my eyebrows as we walked down the hall.

The halls were nearly empty, seeing that everyone else either left for lunch, or was in the cafeteria.

"Come on, come sit with us in the cafeteria.'' Ellie grinned.

"No thanks." I sighed. "I'm just not feeling it today, and I'm not really hungry."

"You sure?"

"Yep. I'll just study, or go to the library or something."

"Fine then." She pouted, making me smile.

"Did you really come here to tell me about a rumor that probably isn't even true?''

"It's true! It is so true, dammit. I'm just here, giving you a heads up.'' She shrugged.

Rolling my eyes, I waved her off before heading out and across the parking lot so I could get to the library.

Watching out for any cars, I quickly jogged across the street.

Apparently, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings that well, no matter how hard I tried to, because someone had turned the corner of the building as I was about to walk in, making us bump into each other roughly.

"Jesus, sorry." I gushed, my eyes widening when I see that he had dropped his camera in the process.

It had fell out of place, making me feel so bad. The camera must've cost fortunes.

Leaning down and helping him pick up the pieces, I glanced at him. He also got down to pick up the rest as he held it in his hands.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking.'' I shook my head. "I could get you a new one? I--"

"It's okay.'' He spoke quietly, his head down slightly.

I could barely get a look at his face, but he had a beautiful British accent. Just like Louis. Shaking the thought away, I sent him a small smile.