Chapter 3

Unlocking the front door, you twist the key, opening the entrance. "It's not much, but it's at least something." You said aloud as you helped Tom bring his belongings inside. "What do you mean? It's wonderful." He spoke joyfully, looking around the living room.

Placing his luggage on the floor, Tom politely asked where the loo was. In response, you tilted your head to the side with confusion to the term and questioned him.

"The bathroom, I mean." He laughed.

"Oh, my bad," You embarrassedly grin, face turning a shade of red. "Down that hall, to the left."

"Thank you."

You grabbed one of Toms' bags and carry it to the guest room. You went to take another, but the rest were too heavy. 'How does he pick these things up? What's in them anyway? Rocks?' You sarcastically thought to yourself.

Waiting for Tom's return, you walk into your room, staring at the boxes that scatter the floor, wondering when you'd ever have the time to deal with the mess...Suddenly, a hand touched your shoulder. You jump and turn around to see Tom, who stood over you, explaining that he has returned to your side. You breathe out deeply and take hold of his hand and lead him through your house, showing him where everything is.

"And this is your room." You finally said as you opened the guest room door, remembering Tom's exact words from last year.

Inside was a large double bed with a cream white spread across it, a single window, dresser, a table and a lamp that sat on top. Tom handled the rest of his stuff, bringing them into the small room.

"I'll leave you to get unpacked and settled in. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me. Do you want anything?"

"No, I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute and meet you in there."

You crack the wooden entrance, then walk to the kitchen. Placing a lock of hair behind both ears to get them out of your face, you tidy up the area, putting dirty plates that need to be clean in the dishwasher. You hear a door creak and realise that Tom had exited his room. These next few months would take some getting use to. Having a guest in the house would be a new experience and living with Tom again.

Standing at the sink, there is a small window with tiny shutters, that are in between the living room and the kitchen. Tom poked his head through and asked what you were doing.

With a smile, you respond. "Trying to get my house in order. I wasn't expecting company, so I was not prepared...how have you been lately?"

"Good actually. I've been working on some little projects here and there back home."

"Oh, what kind of projects?" You asked, rinsing one last plate.

"A few acting one's, for local stuff. Like photo shoots and commercials...how long have you lived here?" Said Tom, still standing on the other side of the window.

You hesitated for a moment with a straight face, then stuttered, avoiding eye contact. "A-about two months."

"Only two? Where did you move from and why, if I may ask?"

"Somewhere not too far, I guess. My last house got ruined in a flood accident, causing me to move recently. I don't really feel comfortable talking about it right now. I apologize."

"Aw, darling, I'm so sorry!" He said said, coming around the corner and into the kitchen, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"It's okay, Tom. Things have gotten better." You said, smiling against his shirt.

Releasing the hug, the two of you went into the den, to catch up with one another. "Do you have a job, to bring in extra money?" Asked Tom.

"Yes, I do- Oh shit, I just remembered also. Joss said in the email that the film date is next week and I have to work all that time."

"Do I need to come with you then?"

"Haha, no, you'll just have to stay here at the house until I get off."

"I see. When and what time are your shifts?"

"Normally it's Sunday-Friday from 07:00-23:00, but I can talk to my boss into shortening my hours and working less days."

"So you can spend more time with me." Teased Tom.

"Exactly." The two of you laughed.

The evening seemed to go by quick. Soon the sun had settled and sunk pass the horizon. The night sky was clear and dark with a crescent moon, shining down from above. Warm air filled the atmosphere and a salty taste from the nearby Pacific Ocean, only several miles away.

"What would you like for dinner?" You politely asked.

"Hmm-" He said playing with the hairs on his chin once again, thinking hard. "Let me cook tonight. It can be as a thank you for all of your support today and how generous you've been to me."

"No, you don't have to do that I-" He cut you off from your sentence.

"(Name), please it's the least I can do!" Tom said, looking into your eyes, as if casting a spell on you.

"Alright, fine. Everything you'll need is in the pantry or refrigerator."

...

You waited on the sofa as Tom made dinner for you both. The smell of food came from the kitchen, which caused you to grow impatient. In thirty minutes, he came out with two plates of (what ever food you want).

The rest of the night consisted of you and Tom eating, drinking, laughing, and getting to know each other again.

"One last thing," You started. "I'll be awake early in the morning, so by the time you wake up, I'll probably be gone. But I might get my boss to change my schedule soon, which means less days of work and I'll get off earlier too."

"Okay darling, I'll see you when you get off work then?..." Tom said as he grabbed your empty plate and washed it for you.

"Sadly yes. And thank you for the meal, it was fantastic."

"No problem." He smiled.

With that, you were off to your room, said goodnight to Tom, and shut all the lights off. Minutes pass, and you quickly fall asleep.

~~~

Your alarm went off, scaring you awake from a good dream. You get up and prepare for the long day that was ahead. As you walk out of your room and down the hall you notice a dish with food and a note, sitting on the counter. The food was hot, which meant it was recently made.

The note read:
Good morning (Name) I woke early and decided to make you breakfast. I hope you enjoy it and have a great day at work.
-T Hiddy

You smiled to the little present that Tom made for you. It was really nice of him to get up this early in the morning to make you breakfast.

Quickly eating the food, you peek into the guest room, to see if Tom was still awake, but alas he was not. His head laid on the side of a pillow as his shirtless body remained half covered from the blanket.

"Sleep well." You whispered and left the house.