Chapter 4

The newly started Sunday began with a rush through different cars on a narrow freeway. Despite the variety of many vehicles, traffic wasn't that horrible and was moving along at a decent pace. With little time to spare, exiting the intersection, you chose to quickly stop at some fast-food restaurant to buy a small coffee. Even though this wasn't normally something you would do, you just had to have some sort of boost to fight the fatigue that lingered.

Pulling up at the window, you hand a young man the correct amount of change and receive the beverage. You take a sip and soon discover that it was too hot at the moment, so you place it down in the cupholder to cool off some. You sped to work as the sun rose over mountains in the distance, warming up the earth in its early April. Though, with the state being California, it was rare for it to rain, especially this time of year, where the weather only gets hotter by the day.

While focusing on the road and listening to the radio, you finally arrive at your job. Clocking in, you felt a bit nervous about confronting your boss about the situation. Off in a daze, someone tapped your shoulder, telling you that you needed to move out of the line, for them to clock in as well.

You shook your head and move aside, thinking about Tom and your boss. 'Should I speak with them now? Or later?' Feeling more compelled, you decided that's it's best to go now, than waiting.

Knocking on the wooden door, you swallowed hard and bit your lower lip. It's not that you were afraid of your boss, it's just that you didn't know what to expect in their response to your statement...A simple "Come in!" was heard from the other side and you entered the medium-sized office.

Mr. Hooper, your boss, looked up from his metal desk that was scatter with paper work, adjusted his glasses, and slightly grinned showing his teeth, making eye contact with you. "May I help you Miss (Last Name)?"

"Y-yes," you sat down in a cushioned chair. "I am going to be in a movie that will last a few months worth of filming, and I was wondering if my work schedule could possibly be shortened with the days and hours?" You spoke sternly.

"A movie you say?" He leaned closer with curiosity.

"Yes sir, the Avengers movie."

"Hmm- alright, but you'll have to pay me half the money you earn from it," He chuckled at his own joke. "I'm kidding, but yes, I can manage to make slight changes...come in Tuesday's and Thursday's, 09:30-13:00, we'll remain to give you your usual payment."

"Thank you sir...Oh, one more thing. I really hate to ask this but, is there anyway I could receive extra money? One of the actors in the movie is from out of the states and lost his US dollars, so he's having to stay with me for a while. I'm so sorry I'm asking this question. I know its not professional."

"Which actor?" His question surprised you, for you weren't expecting Mr. Hooper to ask.

"Thomas Hiddleston."

"Tom Hiddleston? The swooning British guy?"

"...Yes sir." You smiled to his reaction, showing a bit of fanboy out of him.

"You ma'am are one lucky woman," Your boss laughed. "Okay, you may receive extra money, but only for these next months coming up."

In response, you stood up shaking the man's hand, thanking him for his kind offer.

"Come by my office before you leave today and I'll give you this weeks payment, plus Tom's amount. Don't forget that you leave at one o'clock. See you Tuesday."

You thanked him once more and left his office and set an alarm to remind yourself to go home earlier that day. You continued the work what was ready to be finished until the sound of your phone went off, telling you it was time to go. The whole process seemed to go by quicker than usual.

Heading back to Mr. Hoopers' office, you grab the payment and arrived at home, thirty minutes later.

~~~

The first thing you see as you walk inside was Tom exiting your room with a vacuum cleaner. "Toooom-what are you doing?" You asked with concern.

"Oh, you're home! Earlier than expected!" He blushed.

"Yeah, my stuff changed. Why were you in my room?"

"You told me last night that your room still had remaining packed boxes, so while you were gone, I thought I'd help and tidy up some," Tom started "I-I'm sorry, please forgive me. I know it's not my place to be in your personal space."

"No, thank you...I never thought I'd get to that. I just wasn't expecting this."

"I'll go put this back." He smiled, gesturing towards the vacuum in his hand.

You looked around your bedroom; over half the boxes empty and the area almost fully furnished. On your dresser, you notice something familiar, the locket Tom gave you months ago. A big grin etched across your lips as you pick it up. "I lost you a long time ago-" You whisper aloud to yourself.

"I found it at the bottom of a small container." Tom interrupted, standing at the doorway, leaning against the side of the frame.

"I can't believe this, I could've sworn it got washed away in the flood! Thank you once more!"

"No problem darling." He walked over to you and clipped it around your neck.

Grabbing hold of Tom's arm, you lead him out of your room and into a another and took a seat on the sofa. You stare at him for a while, studying his form carefully. His brow furrowed as he looked back at you, confused. "What's wrong?" He asked. You click your tongue and jump up. "We need to go shopping!" Gathering in the car, you two headed to the closest store.

~~~

After buying a few groceries, your phone goes off, saying that you have a notification. Unlocking the screen, you read an email informing you about the movie once again, which reminded you that Tom had to have a trim and shave. You tug on Tom's sleeve, getting his attention. "Hey, you need to get ready for the Avengers."

"What do you mean?"

"Your hair."

"Oh you're right. I'll be over here, getting it cut and dyed." Said Tom, going towards a place titled "Lenny's Barber Shop". As he went to take care of that business, you snooped around some more, exploring the giant store, seeking through many aisles. You find a few Marvel posters in a neatly filed stack, flipping the pictures. Seeing Ironman, Thor, Caption America, and Hulk in a freeze frame moment as New York crumbled around them.

You let them be, while grabbing the locket around your neck, squeezing it firmly, thinking of the new production once again; all the professional actors like Downey Jr., Hemsworth, Evans, Ruffalo, Johansson, Renner, and much more ran through your mind. You decide to try and shake the thought away and check on Tom.

In the distance, you see him make his way towards you with freshly washed black hair that has been trimmed on the sides and a smooth cut face.

"Wow, you look like Loki already!" You teased.

The rest of the day consisted of unloading the car of groceries and preparing for the following morning. No work, which meant plenty of more time to plan for the next week, which is the first set of the movie and Tom, or "Loki" was in the very beginning scene-...Things were about to get frantic.