Chapter 4

I grabbed a bucket full of water and grabbed all the soap that I can find in my apartment. I have to get it out whatever it takes, I'm not going to wait anymore.

I tried the first soap and it's not working at all. Then I tried the my favorite soap and the ring didn't even move. I tried the third soap and.. it failed again. I let out a long sigh. I even took a break.

The fourth soap, I was- oh! Oh my god! It worked! I squealed and jumped up and down. I got the ring out and I can't believe it after trying again and again. I put the ring on my lap and wiped it with my shirt. I held it gently with to hands and looked at it.

It's a really beautiful ring and bet it's very expensive. I got up taking a small box and putting it inside. I put it into my bag. I have class in an hour and I have to give it back to Jayson after class so we don't have the chance to see each other again.

I got ready for my class. I took a shower and put my favorite black dress. I topped it with a denim jacket and white sneakers. I curled my hair and put a light make up. I walked out from my apartment, ready to study.

I have 3 classes for today and then I'll just go to Jayson's office.

"Elsa!" I turned to see Kevin.

"Hey Kev, what's up?" I asked.

"Uhmm.. do you have that book? The big one and it's green." He said as he tried to remember it.

"Yeah I have it, it's the perspective book."

"Yes! That on. Do you have it?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have it at home. Text me, I can bring it to work later."

"Great! Thank you so much." He said as he patted my shoulder. He walked away and I checked the time.

"Elsa!" I turned to see Jen. She's majored in law and usually we bumped into each other because she has classes nesr our building.

"You took off the ring?" She grabbed my hand and I nodded.

"How? How did you get it out?" She asked.

"Soap.." I sighed.

"Thank God, are you going to return it?"

"Yeah, returning it to Jayson Morreti." I said and Jen's eyes widen.

"Jayson Morreti? As in the Morreti's one and only heir?" She asked and I nodded. "Wasn't he.. he was your crush right?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Wow.. see I told you that I felt so good about this." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop it, I have to go and return it to him." I said and she nodded. I walked out from my uni and called Jayson.

"What?" He answered.

"I took of the ring already."

"What?" He was shocked.

"I want to return it."

"How did you get it off?"

"Yes and now I need your office address." I said and he texted me.

"Come to the lobby and I will pick it up." He said in a cold tone and he ended the call. What a jerk! After seeing his text, I grabbed a taxi to go to his office. I have 40 minutes before my next class starts.

After I got off the taxi, I looked for his building and I found it easily. I walked into the lobby and texted Jayson to come down. As I was busy opening my bag, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I said and looked up to see the person that I met at the jewelry store.

"Hello again." He smiled widely and I chuckled.

"Hello again.."

"We meet again." He said completely can't believe the situation.

"I'm Chance, you?" He put his hand out and I smiled taking it.

"Elsa!" I turned to see Jayson calling me. He gave me a really cold stare and then he turned to Chance.

"Here." I grabbed the box and gave it to him. I turned to Chance and he smiled.

"I'm Elsa, nice to meet you."

"Give me your number." He said as he took out his phone. I was about to grab it when Jayson pulled me away from Chance. Chance was speechless and I gestured him to wait.

"What's your problem?!" I hissed as I tried to pull my hand away from him. He stopped and looked at me coldly. I looked at him confused and he let me go. I walked away.

"You really try so hard to get guys' attention huh? You really trying to seduce every rich man in the area huh?!" He said in a sarcastic tone and I stopped walking.

"My life is none of your business. I don't care about your judgement towards me. Let's not see each other again, I'm so fed up with you." I said and walked away. I walked towards Chance who's still waiting for me.

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay, here." He gave me his phone and I put my number in. I checked my watch and I have 12 minutes left before class starts.

"Chance, I have to go. I have a class in 12 minutes." I said and Chance walked me out. I gasped when it's raining. He grabbed my hand dragging me back in.

"It's raining, I ha-"

"I'll take you back." I jumped when Jayson stood beside me. I looked at him annoyed and can't help but glaring at him. I turned to Chance.

"Come on." Jayson grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the basement. I kept protesting but he didn't care.

"Let me go!" I screamed at him and I can see my wrist turned red because he gripped me too hard.

"You're hurting me!" I yelled and he stopped. He turned to me and his eyes darkened. He let go of me and he pinned me against the wall. Suddenly he slipped the ring to my finger again. I looked at it in horror. I turned to him disbelief.

"From now on, you can't go anywhere." He said looking straight into my eyes. I tried to get it off but it's stuck.

"Jerk!" I hissed and he smirked.

"I'll get it off again!" I said as I tried to pull it from my finger.

"Try me." He said with confident and I pushed him away. I ran away and went out from the building. I didn't even care if I'm drenched anymore. I ran through the rain and grabbed a taxi.

That bastard, remind me to kill him next time.