Entry 3

I guess I didn't finish reflecting on being sick...

I remember a Saturday night I believe, the same night after bowling, we went to Target afterwards to get some stuff... Climbing out of the car, sick like that and unable to breath, suffocating, was really difficult. Difficult enough that I had to pant at my parents to wait for me while I slowly climbed out, breathed in what I could and could manage to walk on. I've probably never walked into Target slower than that night, for Pete's sake, Target is my FAVORITE store! Weird, I know, but I enjoy Target... Everything about it is so right compared to WalMart. To me... You can't compare WalMart to Target, but don't get me wrong, WalMart is still great.

Anyways, that was a rough night, I got home and dreaded having to climb my stairs as well. I was tired enough. But I managed, I climbed the stairs and clearly I'm still alive today!

Another thing I remember was how disgusting the antibiotics were... Yucky. Pink and gross and thick and sticky. And that was just one of them. It was bitter. The other one I don't remember. I just know that I detest liquid medicine, and when taking them I not only held my breath, but had to swallow down as much water as possible asap, the aftertaste was not something I wished to experience.

Getting the medicine was a hassle from the start, being that we went to the doctor late in the evening... Actually, it wasn't even the doctor, it was the emergency area of the building where my doctor is located. They swabbed my throat, that was really weird... A really weird feeling. I remember sitting on one of those beds covered in paper you know? Crinkly and all, but compared to my painful, hacking cough... That paper was quiet. I was just as joyful as me though, because between the coughs I still laughed and who knows what, acting silly in the presence of my mom, then laughing at myself. Enjoying myself and enduring the pain and consequence of choosing to laugh, choosing to be happy and sick. Nothing hurts like laughs followed by continuous coughing...

The fact that I sounded like Darth Vader breathing for so long, now that I think about it, is crazy. However, it did happen, and led to the journey I'm on now in one way or another.

Sorry, I keep going off track.

Anyways, it was evening, it was dark and I was sitting in a doctors office. They sent us to a nearby CVS afterwards to pick up those antibiotics, it was late... I never thought that'd be something I would do, go pick up medication after 10 pm...

CVS is not our regular pharmacy, but it had to do because TARGET pharmacies are not open that late. It was just... Different.

I think I got McDonald's after picking up the medicine! A McChicken I'm sure.

I had to take those nasty liquids for two weeks.