All the things you are

With a certain fatigueness, Erik's lashes fluttered open in the darkness of his room. It was after he groggily raised a hand to his face that he realized he did not have his mask on. Quickly, Erik shot up and looked around for the piece of porcelain. He located it on his bedside table and quickly put it on, trying to figure out why it was off. Last he remembered he was with Christine...Erik gasped softly as he recalled the previous night's events.

She saw my face... And she still loves me... She still loves me!

The masked man sighed in relief, a small laugh of disbelief escaped from his malformed lips. Remembering the young soprano's gentle kisses and words of affection, Erik feels his heart thump wildly in his chest. He slowly got up and strided over to his wardrobe. Choosing his normal dark attire, with the only significant change being a differently patterned cravat, Erik dressed swiftly. The masked man gave himself a half-glance in the mirror before he walked out of his room. Erik walked downstairs and into the music room, deciding to compose a little bit before Christine awoke.

As he rounded the corner and peeped inside of the music room, he found Christine sitting on the piano bench, playing a simple melody as she sang softly. For a moment the masked just listened, but then decided to make his presence known. Erik smiled and approached her from behind, slowly wrapping his arms around her torso to pull her close, so that her back was pressed against his chest.

Christine gasped softly, not expecting him to be there. "Erik..." She smiled slightly and leaned into him, raising her little hands to gently trace the edges of the masked man's face.

"Hello, my angel... What have you been up to? Your voice sounded absolutely
breathtaking..." Erik whispered in her ear, his voice low, but gentle.

Christine shivered slightly, a soft blushing starting to form on her cheeks. "Thank you..." She whispered.

Erik smiled. "So, Christine..." He started, running his hands up and down her sides, causing goosebumps to break out across her skin.

"So?" She whispered, her eyes fluttering shut.

"I really want to marry you..." He whispered to the young soprano. Christine turned around and smiled up at him despite her flushed cheeks.

"I really would like to marry you as well," she beamed.

Erik smiled and gently stroked her rosy cheek with the pad of his thumb. "Then maybe we should start planning..." He whispered to her, leaning close so that their foreheads were pressed against each other's..

Christine looked up at him, her pale green eyes meeting his intense, golden ones. She smiled up at him and nodded, "That sounds like a wonderful idea."

Erik smiled and felt his heart flutter as she looked up at him with so much joy. "You are so beautiful..." He whispered to her softly.

Christine smiled slightly and looked down, a light, crimson blush beginning to form on her cheeks. A small chuckle escaped from Erik's mouth as he tilted her chin back up so that she was looking at him. He took her hand and helped her stand up. "Come, my darling."

Erik smiled and started to guide her away from the music room, and into the catacombs of the opera house. They passed even the house on the lake and further into the depths of the seemingly magical underground world.

"Where are we going?" Christine chirped softly, rubbing his hand with her thumb unconsciously.

Erik smiled at the young soprano, "It's a surprise, mon ange." Christine nodded slightly and shivered, the air growing slightly cooler as they went further down into the underground tunnels.
"Are you cold, darling?" Erik asked softly, noticing that she had started to tremble from the dropping temperature.

Christine shook her head and blushed. "I'm fine," she mumbled, not wanting for him to worry about her.

Erik sighed and shook his head as he started to take off his jacket. He smiled and quickly wrapped it around Christine's shoulders. "There... That's much better... I wouldn't want my angel to be cold," he smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him.

Christine smiled slightly and rested her head on his shoulder as they walked, "Thank you, Erik." Erik nodded and sighed happily, loving the feeling of his angel being by his side. After a few more minutes, the two of them arrived at Erik's anticipated destination. He walked to a large pair of french doors and smiled at Christine.

"Angel... I want to show you something... And maybe we could get married here..." The masked man said softly, placing his hands on the door knobs. Christine nodded her head excitedly, her smile bright enough to light the night sky. Erik smiled and gently pushed the doors open, revealing a grand ballroom.

Erik guided Christine in and she gasped softly as she looked around. "Erik... This is absolutely gorgeous..." She whispered, looking around the room in unkempt awe.

Erik smiled and took her hand in his, guiding her to the center of the rather large room. "Dance with me, angel..." He said softly, pulling her close to him.

"But there's no music," Christine said, giggling softly.

Erik grinned. "Then sing for me and we will dance to that," he whispered. Christine sighed softly and nodded her head. Erik pulled her close to him, resting his hands at her waist. The young soprano smiled slightly and wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head on his chest.

"Sing..." He whispered, as the two of them began to sway back and forth to an imaginary beat.

"Time and again I long for adventure
Something to make my heart beat the faster.
What did I long for? I never really knew.
Finding your love I found my adventure.
Touching your hand my heart beats the faster.

Erik had never felt so at peace. His angel was in his arms and the world around the two of them seemed to melt away as he listened to her sing.

All that I want in all of this world is...
You are the promised kiss of springtime.
That makes the lonely winter seem long.
You are the breathless hush of evening
That trembles on the brink
Of a lovely song.

Erik smiled slightly, thinking about how much the song reminded him of how he felt towards Christine. She was his muse. She was his everything.

You are the angel glow that lights a star
The dearest things I've known are what you are.
Someday my happy arms will hold you.
And someday I'll know that moment divine
When all the things you are, are mine...

Erik had wanted to hold his angel in his arms the way that he was doing now for years. And now that he was actually doing it, it seemed surreal. She was actually his.

Someday my happy arms will hold
And someday I'll know that moment divine
When all the things you are, are mine..."

Christine finished and slowly looked up at him. "I'm yours..." She whispered to him. She placed her head back on his chest and smiled. "I always have been... Even before I realized that I loved you..." She muttered.

Erik smiled and held her close. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that..." He said quietly.

Christine smiled and took his rather large hand in her delicate one. "Come on, my angel... We have a wedding to plan..." She whispered.

Erik smiled and nodded, not believing that he had actually heard those words come out of her mouth. Time and time again, Erik had dreamed to hear words such as those come out of her mouth. Erik grinned and the two of them walked back. They slowly entered and Erik guided Christine to the couch. He sat down and pulled Christine on to his lap.

Christine blushed softly and he did so, her modest mind telling her to get off of him, but something about Erik made it feel okay, almost as if she never wanted to let go of him. She smiled slightly and wrapped her arms around Erik's neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

Erik smiled softly. "So, let us plan our wedding, angel..."

-------
I FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT AND MY UPDATE WAS SO SLOW. I AM REALLY SORRYYYYYT