The Wedding

Christine Daaè looked into her mirror, deep in thought. She was getting married that very day; and married to her angel, no less. When the young soprano went down into the catacombs that long ago night, seeing her dear Erik in the flesh for the very first time...well, at that time she would not have even thought about such a thing as marriage. So much had changed since that first night when she had hesitantly agreed to his proposal. Christine sighed a dreamy sigh, and glanced at her reflection one final time.

Her hair was in a loose braid, a few chocolate curls cascading down and framing her face. Because it was a special occasion, she even applied some very minimal make-up; some light brown eyeshadow, and some simple, rosy lip paint. The wedding dress she was wearing had a tight bodice; it that had lace, and a few simple beads decorating the front. The skirts projected out and flowed behind her when she walked, and she couldn't help but modestly think that only a princess should be able to wear such a lovely dress.

Christine smiled at her reflection nervously, her hands shaking with excitement as she carefully picked up the small bouquet of perfectly arranged roses off of her vanity table.

Erik had arranged for someone to marry them. He said that it was his old friend named Nadir Khan, but gave no explanation as to how the two met, or why he had not introduced her to him before. Christine had never heard of the man, but she trusted Erik's judgement, so she consented to allow this new man the privilege to marry them.

Christine sighed happily and slowly walked out of her room, the train of her dress cascading behind her. The young soprano took a shaky breath and walked down the catacombs and to the ballroom where Erik had taken her just weeks prior to the current day. She was careful to raise her skirts ever-so-slightly off of the ground, so as to not get the white fabric dirty.

Once Christine got to the set of familiar french doors, she smiled to herself.

This is it... I'm actually doing this... I'm marrying my angel... She thought internally, a soft laugh of disbelief escaping from her lips as she placed her hand on the doorknobs of the french doors.

Christine smiled and slowly opened the doors. She looked up and was met by her angel's gaze as he stood down the aisle, waiting for the young soprano to come forth. There was something in the way that he looked at her in that moment that made her heart start beating flippantly, and she blushed as a gentle smile tugged at her lips.

As gracefully walking forward, Christine's gaze flitted to the Persian man, whom she could only assume must be Nadir, then settled on the masked man who was in front of her. His golden eyes twinkled with delight, and she could swear that there were unshed tears of happiness in his gaze. She slowly approached the alter.

"You look beautiful..." Erik whispered, smiling. The young soprano's heart fluttered momentarily in her chest at the compliment, and she blushed.

"And you look quite dashing as well, Erik," She whispered, looking up at him with a gentle smile.

"Are you two ready to start?" A voice asked, a sort of happy eagerness laced into his words. Christine turned her head and smiled slightly at the Persian man.

"Of course..." Erik whispered, taking Christine's delicate hands in his rather large ones and intertwining their fingers.

Nadir cleared his throat and started to speak, beginning the wedding ceremony, but Erik wasn't listening to a single word that was coming from the Persian man's mouth.
The only thing that the masked man could focus on was his beautiful bride that stood before him.

"Christine... Would you like to say your vows?" Nadir asked the young girl gently, giving her a soft smile. Christine nodded and looked over at Erik, her light green eyes staring into his golden ones.