Loving the Freak (boyxboy) *revised*

This story is being revised! YAY! Please reread it if you've already read it once, things will change, lengthen, and whatnot. Thank you once again <3

Loving the Freak

Prologue

            “Lanni, I’ll miss you!” Jayden’s body trembled as he ran into his best friend’s arms, hugging him tightly as tears ran down his face.

            The two were young and carefree at the time, not having to worry about anything but themselves. Lance, being the older of the duo, took care of Jayden like he was his older brother. The two rarely fought and seemed to love each other endlessly.

            When Jayden was born, his eyes didn’t seem to open in the correct time period. He never cried and he barely moved at all. Doctors instantly knew something was wrong with the newborn child but they weren’t able to figure it out. Jayden was as white as snow with a full head of soft black hair. He was everything his parents ever wanted, yet the child seemed completely lifeless.

            A month or two had passed and Lance finally got the chance to meet his new best friend. Both of their parents were best friends with each other, instantly making the two children inseparable. When Lance first touched Jayden, brushing his hair back away from his still closed eyes, he seemed to spring to life. Everyone was worried at first, but then they realized that things would be fine. Jayden was as healthy as ever. His eyes finally opened, revealing two gorgeous dark teal eyes.

            In the time that passed, the two were always together. Their bond was unrealistic, yet it was right in front of everyone. It was almost like the two were connected at the hip.

            Then the worst happened. Jayden was staying over at Lance’s for the weekend while his parents were out of town. The two were already fast asleep in Lance’s bed, snuggled up together like two love birds. Lance’s parents rushed into the room, snatching the two from the comforts of the bed before rushing out to the car. Both of them were in tears and couldn’t say a word to either child. Jayden, only being four years old at the time, was completely dumbfounded by the situation and didn’t understand anything. He was placed in the car seat, holding Lance’s shaking hand.

            They reached the hospital only an hour later. Jayden was rushed up a flight of stairs before they entered a fairly large room with a white curtain around the patients. A long stretched beep could be heard from behind it. Somehow, Jayden knew that his parents only lied on the other side. He pushed away from Lance’s parents and yanked back the curtain, the bright smile on his face falling quickly as he was his parents lying there. They had recently passed away, leaving little Jayden alone in the big world.

            A few days later, he would be sent to live with his aunt on the other side of the country, far away from his home. When the day came, Jayden waved goodbye to his best friend, hugging the bear he had received from his earlier that day. He was unaware that he would never see him again, but Lance knew. It broke his heart but he knew he would survive and that Jayden would continue to live a happy and better life.

            “Lanni, I’ll miss you!” Jayden’s body trembled as he ran into his best friend’s arms, hugging him tightly as tears ran down his face. They dripped onto Lance’s dinosaur shirt. “Will you miss me?” He looked up, his gorgeous eyes soaked.

            Lance was afraid that if he showed too much emotion, that he would never get over their separation from each other. He wrapped his arms around Jayden’s tiny body and kissed his cheek softly. “I’ll never forget you, Jay.” He smiled and kissed the bear he had given Jayden for good luck. “Now go before you miss your plane.” He giggled lightly and pointed toward the plane just outside the airport. “I’ll see you soon,” he lied.

            Jayden smiled and grabbed his aunt’s hand as she was looking down at Lance with sorrow in her eyes. Even she was aware of the deep connection between the two children and it was difficult for her to pull them away from each other. But she knew she had to. Jayden gave Lance one last wave before getting on board the pale and leaving his old life behind.

            Lance broke down into tears, curling his fists and letting them stream down his tiny face. “Goodbye,” he mumbled as he fell to the ground, pounding his tiny fists against the carpet flooring. His parents could only watch in complete remorse.