One *Revised*

Jayden --->

 One

*Jayden*

            At this point, all I had wanted to do was be invisible to everyone but myself. As long as I kept out of everyone’s way and continued on without saying anything to anyone, I’d survive in this world. That’s all life was now; surviving in a world that didn’t want me anymore. Happiness was no longer an option.

            Several hours had passed before I was finally able to roll out of my seemingly comfortable bed. My hair stuck up in every direction from the static of my pillow, but I didn’t care. As I stumbled over to the shower in the next room, I began to plan out my playlist of various songs that would hopefully get me through the day. I stripped myself of my dark blue boxers and pushed myself into the warming water, letting it hit my cold white skin as I quietly hummed random parts of songs in my head.

            After scrubbed the dirt and grime from my grubby hair, I rinsed out the shampoo and applied conditioner, letting it sit for a few moments before rinsing that out too. A few moments passed before I finally turned the handle to the off position. Droplets of water continued to fall from the nozzle and onto my face. I grabbed the towel off the rack and wrapped it around my waist before stepping out and wiping the mist off the mirror.

            My jet black hair was pushed in front of my face, covering my dark teal eyes from the world. I brushed it back before blow drying it until it wasn’t wet anymore. My hair was soft and naturally pin straight, so other then spiking it to one side and adding a while can of hairspray, I didn’t really have to do much with it. After I finished messing around with my hair, I stumbled back into my room and slowly picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and an old blue flannel to go over a black v-neck.

            “Jay, it’s time for school.” I winced at my name as it left my Aunt’s mouth. I quickly threw on my clothes and crawled onto my bed, plugging in my IPod and transferring several songs over to it. Lanni, my bear from my childhood, lied next to me. His ear was torn slightly and he was raggedy from over the years, but I still loved him dearly. As my music finished transferring over, I kissed Lanni on the nose, smiling slightly at the thought of my best friend. Lanni slept with me every night, keeping me safe and helping me get through the nightmares.

            Stumbling down the long stairway, I held my IPod in my left hand and my black backpack in the other. School was my overall nightmare. Every day I struggled just to get from class to class without being noticed by them. The word ‘bullies’ felt too immature for me to use against them. Plus, they were much more than that. Every punch they threw was death knocking on my doorstep. I was too far in for anyone to know how much pain I was really going through.

            I watched as the bus whizzed past me, filled with students that went to my school. I walked every day for multiple reasons. Thankfully, I lived close enough where walking wasn’t too much of an issue. My ear buds were in and ‘You Found Me’ by ‘The Fray’ played on the other end. My fingers drummed against my thigh to the beat as I continued down the sidewalk, staring at the cracks in the pavement blocks. By the end of the next song, I had gotten to school.

The bell rang the second I stepped into the building, making my thin body shake. I hunched my shoulders forward and shuffled down the now empty hallways. The lights flickered on as I entered the hallway near my first class, lightly the golden lockers on both sides of the hallway. I quickly opened my classroom door and stepped inside.

            No one noticed me walk into class late, not even the teacher. I made my way to the back of the classroom where I always sat. Next to me sat Eddy, the jock who loved to beat me down every day of the year. He glanced at me with his piercing hazel eyes, examining the way I looked that day. His eyes narrowed and he clenched his teeth together.