01| Shooting Star

"Kaitlyn! Go pack for your dad's house!" my mother's voice shouts at me from downstairs. I quickly stuff my bookmark into the pages of 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' and check my new IPhone 6s, it's already 5:00, my dad will be here at 6:00.

"Okay mom, thanks!" I shout back to wherever my mom is. I really didn't want to stop reading my book, rereading the HP's are my favorite thing to do. Annoyed, I pull out my plain black suitcase from underneath my bed. Because my Dad lives around this area I can stay at his house for the week and still go to school. I tuck an ombre lock of hair behind my ear and start piling clothes into the bag. My halters, graphic tees, tank tops, jeans and more from Brandy Melville, my bralette, dresses, shorts, and shirts from Urban Outfitters, and my leggings and sxortsbras from Lulu Lemon. Whatever I think I'll wear to school the next week. I even throw in some flannels, jackets, and cardigans, also, pajamas. Next I look for any beauty items that may be of use to me. I grab my curling wand, flat iron, face washes, hair products, and my everyday makeup bag with my Naked palettes.

I turn and look into the full length mirror in my room. My dark brown hair was made a faded blonde at the ends at a hair salon. It currently falls in careless waves at my hips. I swap my blue tank top for a Brandy baseball tee to go with my black leggings. I quickly pull the top part of my hair, finger comb it and tie it into a halfup ponytail. My 5'4 body makes the top slightly show my stomach, but I honestly don't care. I wipe the fallen mascara from the day from under my green eyes and long lashes.

I hate that I'm too scared to tell anyone what I'm really like. How i have the collector's edition set of Harry Potter and countless other books, how I would rather stay at home reading than go to the never ending parties I'm invited to. It really shouldn't matter. I'm popular because people like me so they should all like me the same even if I'm actually smarter than I let on.

The familiar honk of my dad's car horn sounds from outside my window as I'm putting on my Sk8 Hi Vans. The suitcase drags behind me as I walk down the hall, down the stairs and say bye to my Mom. I kiss her goodbye and put on a fake smile and tell her "I'll have fun Mom."

My pink-nude colored nails clasp around the front door handle and swing it open. My Dad's GMC Yukon is waiting in the driveway. I scurry up to the passenger's seat and and get it. "Hey kiddo, how's school?" It's like my Dad's just a record on repeat, asking the same God damn questions every time I see him.

"Awesome, I just did a science lab the other day." smiling as I speak. If you give detail they'll think you like talking and that you're not trying to hide something from them.

"That sounds fun," He says while turning the radio back up.

**************************

10 minutes later I see the familiar scenery of where my Dad lives. California is beautiful everywhere, I believe. My Dad tells me to wait at the door while he finds his charger he left in the car. As I shut the door of the black car my head jerks up as my eyes catch something streak across the sky. "A shooting star!" my lips hardly get out the words. I do the first thing I can think of. I wish.

Shooting star, or whatever, I just want to be somewhere where I belong. Not where I'm just fitting in and not actually being, me. I breath a sigh when I'm done, the sight was cool. I walk into the house after my dad's done and try to fall asleep early.