05| Hogwarts

I wake up to the scent of pancakes on the griddle. Mom makes the best pancakes. My eyes flutter open and I come to the realization of my life now. It's not that it's necessarily bad, it's just. I miss my parents. A lot. Oh well, first day of the school I've been wanting to go to forever.

The girls start to stir and become awake as well. "Morning Kate, excited for your first day?" Ginny asks me.

"Yah, just nervous to get sorted in front of everybody."

"Everybody has done it in their first year, you're just doing it a bit later," she laughs.

I smile, "Whatever, I'm gonna get ready to make a good first impression."

Hermione sits up. "We all know the boys are gonna obsess over you."

"Geez Hermione, I know you read a lot, but I didn't realize you read joke books," I smirked and left to change. I changed into my grey cropped sweatshirt with an alien patch on the left breast area and my distressed high waisted shorts. I put the crown section of my hair into a half up half down ponytail and curled everything. My makeup was pretty much the same but with some neutral eyeshadow from the Naked palette. I curled Ginny's hair and straightened Hermione's. All three of us packed our bags and I put my owl in it's cage. I decided to name her Amber, I thought it sounded pretty.

We each walked out behind each other, dragging our suitcases with us. My stomach felt as if it itself were being apparated. "Excited for Hogwarts, Kaitlyn?" Harry asked me at the breakfast table.

"If you mean excited as in ready to puke up all the contents in my stomach at the moment, then yes, extremely." Everybody laughed and we talked more about how Hogwarts is fun to ease my mind.

                                                                                  *********************

"Okay Kaitlyn, right through the barrier at 9 3/4." Molly said. I knew how to do this. I ran at the wall and held my breath as I passed through the platform. It was magnificent! The huge Hogwarts express was there waiting for us. We hugged and waved Mr and Mrs. Weasley goodbye and got onto the train. There were students all around me and at first I felt apart of them, but then I got constant stares. Some were confusion, some were just plain out checking me out. There were whispers and hurrying to whisper to other people and more staring. My feet just kept following Hermione, Ron, and Harry's. Ginny, Fred, and George had their own friends in their years.

We got into our compartment and as soon as my backside hit the seat I blurted out "They're all staring at me, I don't like it."

"You're new and you don't look like a first year, they're just curious." Ron pointed out. Everybody agreed.

"I need to use the restroom, excuse me." I said, I didn't actually. I just needed a minute by myself. I pulled open the compartment door and stepped outside. I had to walk to a different section of the train to find the restroom.

"Hi, Kaitlyn." In front of me was a boy with a farmilar pair of grey eyes and platinum hair.

"Draco," I smiled.

"What's a girl like you doing over here?" he asked with a smile playing at the corners of his mouth. What does he mean 'girl like you'? Maybe he's referring to who I hang out with, or my assumed blood status.

"Trying to find the-"

"Draceyyy!!" a weird voice that didn't sound masculine nor feminine shouted from inside a compartment. He rolled his eyes as Pansy Parkinson stepped out and clung onto his arm, Draco looked very uncomfortable. She looked at me, very confused. "Who's this?"