06| New Girl

HAHAHAH HEY GUYS I JUST REDISCOVERED MY FIRST STORY AND ITS SO CRINGY SO I DECIDED TO PUBLISH THE DRAFT I HAD

"She just stopped breathing! I don't know if she's dead or not, please just come help her!" a middle aged man practically screams into his cellphone, laying it with spit and tears.

_____________________________________________________________________________

My eyes pop open as I find my body covered in a cold sweat.  My mind registers the trip dream that had just occurred. That was my Dad, crying over me. Thoughts race through my head, over and over.

'Was that just my dreamscape making up stuff about what I had learned recently about my old life?'

'Or, it could be what's actually going on in that other world.'

Ridding my head of all weird thoughts, I tip toe around all the four-poster beds and into the bathroom, grabbing my makeup bag on the way.

I pull my long, dark hair into two french braids, making me look like some kind of trendy girl on the internet. Does the internet even exist here? I should have paid more attention in History class. My eyelids are covered in a soft dark brown focused in the crease, with black winged liner and a generous amount of mascara. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in London is applied to my plump lips to complete my first day look. I honestly don't know how these teenagers in the 19th century will react, but I really don't care. I was sent here for a reason, and that reason isn't to be the most popular girl in the school.

By the time I'm finished and out, my roommates are already getting finished up and out the door. I follow Hermione out the door to the common rooms. The Gryffindor is even more beautiful than it is described in the books. I get many stares as I step into the room, so Hermione pulls me through the portrait hole to the Great Hall for breakfast.