02| New Place, Old Time

Consciousness takes over me as I raise my head from my grey pillow. Looking over at the alarm, I realize that it's 9:37. My Dad usually wakes me up around 8 on Saturdays...weird. Swinging my feet onto the floor of my bedroom, I slump over towards my bathroom, carrying my bag as I go.

I was supposed to meet my friends and their friends at the mall today so I might as well look nice. My hand turns on the cold water in the sink and I then splash my face with the refreshing cool water. I put on minimal makeup. BB cream, bronzer, highlight, eyeshadow, and mascara. I don't have to put on much mascara or fill in my eyebrows, they're both already perfect.

My outfit is the Lena halter from Brandy(picture) with some medium wash shorts from Pacsun. It slightly shows my stomach but again, I don't care. I grab my white converse and go downstairs.

It shocks me when my eyes can't seem to find a single person. Maybe my Dad is in the front yard doing... yard stuff? I unlock and open the front door and a white light quickly flashes and makes me take a step back. Opening my eyes, I proceed in walking out the front door, but I gasp. Everything is gone! It's just me, on my porch, and everything's like a blank canvas. "What the f-AHHHH!"

Suddenly, out of thin air, an old man with a beard about a foot long appears. I am lost for words and attempting to move and run away, but something about this strange man makes me stay. "Miss Amor," the man says "My name is Albus Dumbledore."

Dumbledore. No. That's. The. Headmaster. From. Harry. Potter. "H-How do you know my name, how are you, here?"

"Last night in your time, you made a wish on a shooting star. A shooting star possess very strange magic, very powerful magic. The wish you made sent you back to 1994 in England, and gave you the powers of a normal young witch."

"No."

"Yes," he says with a smile. "The star has told me all about you, what you know, who you are, and what your new story will be."

"But that doesn't even make since! What am I supposed to do without my family or anything!"

"The shooting star gave me a specific plan about your coverup and family story. You, Kaitlyn Amor, come from a long line of purebloods. You are an exchange student from America sent to study at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, your 'parents' are back in America. Back in your world, you died from a heart attack in your sleep."

"You mean, I never get to see my parents again! I died!?"

"I am afraid so, but, never in my lifetime or anyone's lifetime has a star been wrong about someone's new fate," he smiles with a twinkle in his eye. "I know you already know everybody's fate, so that's something you can help us with. So, would you like to go to Hogwarts?"

My mind says no, but my heart says yes. "Yes. Yes I will."

"Lovely. Go get your things, you'll be staying with some friends of mine." he says before turning on his heel and sitting on my invisible bench.