Chapter 4: Cancelled Date

Adam Pov

~ Nothing holds you back more than your own insecurities. ~ unknown

A/n: Don't hate me :)

I could hear my phone going off and I wondered who would be calling me at this time.

Sitting up, I took the phone from off the table beside my bed before I looked at the caller's ID then answered it. "Hey," her voice came into the phone.

"Hey," I replied while I watched the blond hair girl beside me move then settled back down comfortable in bed.

"Before I get into why I called you, I want to thank you for sending your driver although he seemed very scary and had made me feel uncomfortable all the way home."

Chuckling, I replied, "he told me that you practically ran out of the car when he had stopped at your home. You don't have to fear him he isn't that bad. I would've picked you up myself but I was busy."

"Yea right," I said sarcastically, "anyways I called to ask if we could hang out first before we actually go on a date like get to know each other, our likes and dislikes and other stuff?" before I could answer the blond hair girl shift again before she sat up straight in bed.

Putting my hands to my lips as an indication to be quiet she nodded her head before she laid back down.

"Sorry about that, it's no problem. Say we meet at the café around the corner from the bookstore?"

"Sure, no problem, thank you again for the ride and for doing this. Good night."

"Good night," I replied before she hanged the phone up. Setting back the phone down on the table, I heard her voice came out.

"Are you cheating on me, Adam?" As soon as I heard her question, my head whipped around so fast it seemed like I had a whiplash.

"Heather this is nothing more than just a fuck so don't read much into it." Scoffing in disgust, she got out of bed and got dressed before exiting without saying another word.

Shaking my head at her behaviours, I muttered, "drama queen" under my breath before I settled down back comfortably in bed.

Waking up early the next morning, I took a shower, brushed my teeth and my hair before I got dressed into something casual––jeans and a t–shirt.

Going into my office, just down the hall, I sat in my chair and powered on my laptop before I got down to work.

It was three in the afternoon when I left my home office and was getting dressed to go to the other one.

Going down stairs I went into the kitchen to get a glass of orange juice and was greeted by my dad who was at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee dressed in golf clothing.

"Hey dad, how are you this morning, you going golfing?"

"I'm good son and yes I am. I want you to join me so cancel whatever meeting or work that you have today and come spend some time with your old man at the golf course.

We hardly get to spend time together, from you became CEO I know it demands a lot but you're forgetting your dad, "he said in a sad tone.

Always the one who couldn't deny my father I replied, "sure, but we have to be back before seven I have an important thing to take care of that I am looking forward to."