the battle

Storm pressed against her cage as she was carried down a dark,damp hallway. The nofur that was carrying her smelled like smoke and had a scar on his right eye.I blinked nervously, I knew I was going to the pit.This was going to be my 15th battle so far after my first battle with a sick old tabby tom.I haven't seen any of my littermates since my first battle but I heard from the cages around me that brick died against a young black shecat with long and deadly claws...he had no chance.But Luna survived,just hardly by slashing and old wound open,causing the cat she was fighting to bleed to death.

A shiver ran up my spine as I imagined the little kits I loved and once played with trying to kill a cat older then them.I let out a sigh and flexed my claws,after I won my fifth battle the nofurs took me to a dark,smelly room with pointy things and pinned me down on a table covered in blood and fear scents.I didn't know what was going on at the time but I remembered the yowls of pain that always came from that room so I struggled to get away..and failed.Slowly..the nofurs ripped my claws from my paws as I yowled in agonizing pain. After they were removed they shoved what they called "metal claws" into were my claws once were.My new claws were sharper, deadlier, and longer but I was no longer able to retract my claws and for about two weeks I couldn't walk on my paws due to the pain.

I looked at the claws as my nofur opened the old mossy door leading to the pit,his chubby little face grinning. Once he stepped into the room a bright light shined into my face, blinding me temporarily.My nofur placed my cage in the pit as mean looking nofurs yowled their heads off clutching wads of green stuff in their paws with creepy angry grins.

Then,another nofur ran into the pit with a cage covered with a black cloth in his paws.The nofur placed the cage on the other side of the pit and ran off into the crowd of yowling nofurs sitting next to my nofur.

I tensed my muscles as alarm rang through the air and the cage doors opened,I sprang out of the cramped cage ready to fight as a black tabby tom with one eye leaped out of his cage.

The nofurs started cheering.

We started to circle each other,spitting and hissing at each other.I stopped and reared up on my hind legs,getting ready to jump on his back and claw him but the tom let out a hiss and tackled me onto the ground before I could jump.

The tom took a few steps back before charging towards me, grabbing me by my scruff,and flinging me against the slightly curved side of the pit.

I let out a screech of pain as my head hit against the bloodstained wall and fell onto the dirt floor, shakily I got up with blood dripping from my scruff and head.

The tom let out a snicker and ran towards me with his jaws open and read to land on my throat,quickly I dropped to the ground and rolled to the right sending the tom crashing into the wall with a yowl of surprise as a loud crack echoed through the room.

The tom fell to the ground with a moan of pain and laid there as a pool of blood formed from his cracked skull.

I walked up to the tom and moved his head so that his neck was visable and slashed it with my long metal claws.

The tom let out a gurgle as he swiped weakly at me before taking one last shallow death and dying.

The crowd was silent for a moment as if they weren't expecting a small fluffy shecat to win against the tom,but then started to cheer as they threw their wads of green stuff into the air.

My nofur ran out of the crowd delighted with a bag full of green stuff and stuffed me back into my cramped cage and walked me back into the room full of other cats as they meowed their congratulations.

But I just ignored them and slept,thinking about the poor cats I've killed.