the escape

I let out a sigh as I slowly chewed a slimy piece of meat.The food was terrible here,it tasted like ratfood and smelled like the little sticks twolegs bite on and then puff out a terrible smelling cloud of smoke.I leaned against my cage lazily,it has been two whole weeks since my last battle.

    A skinny black shecat named soot looked at my leftover food hungrily,she lived next to my cage with two tiny kits named zap and thunder.Shecats who mate instead of fight get less food then fighting cats, probably because they do nothing but sit around all day.

            I nudged my food towards the direction of soots cage "you can have it" I meowed.The shecat looked at me,stuck her paw in-between the cage wires and snatched the meat. Ravenously, she gobbled down the meat faster then I could blink.Her kits looked at her hungrily "what about us?" they asked.

     "hush"soot scolded angrily "be thankful for what you have".The kits looked disappointed as they curled up into a ball and went back to sleep next to their mothers belly.

       I let out a yawn and stretched before placing my head on my paws to sleep when suddenly there was a loud bang and the rusty door at the end of the room flew onto the floor with a crash.

    I stretched open my eyes and jumped onto my paws,twolegs with long,bright poles with a single loop on the end charged into the room yowling.

         My fur stood on end,the twolegs looked like they were going to hurl as they looked around the room. "fighting cats..horrible conditions....cruel...sick..unadoptable...not enough room....they'll have to be put down" the twolegs murmured,but I didn't understand any of it.

      The twolegs left the room for a few seconds and then came back with smaller,cleaner cages with closed sides.One by one the twolegs carefully took cats out of their cages and placed them in the smaller ones they brought in.One cat named bean didn't want to be put in the cage so he scratched a male twoleg angrily when the twoleg tried to open the cage(luckily bean didn't get his metal claws yet). The twoleg angrily placed the loop around his neck and then lowered him into the cage.

      More cats were starting to be taken away.....

        pepper,sprite,jelly,goo,hammer,nail were all put in cages and taken out of the room.

      Finally,a twoleg got to my cage.She didn't have a pole like the other twolegs but she had one of the new cages in her paws. I snarled and moved to the back of the cage hissing angrily,at first she laughed and opened my cage but then the female twoleg noticed my metal claws and quickly shut it.

          The female twoleg ran over to a fat male twoleg with a bald head and nervously talked to him before returning to my cage.The female twoleg carefully picked up my rusty cage instead of putting me in the new cage and with a grunt and slowly carried me out of the room.

    Suddenly an idea popped into my head,I slowly stretched my paw out of the cage wires, careful that the twoleg wouldn't notice and then once I got close enough I scratched her arm with an evil snarl.

     The twoleg let out a howl of pain and dropped the cage as blood gushed from her arm.As my cage hit the ground a snap rang through the air and the rusty cage door opened.

      Quickly,before the other twolegs realized I sprang out of my cage and started half slipping and half sliding down the slippery hallway as twolegs dropped everything in their paws (except for their loop poles) and chased after me.

   The twolegs were gaining on me,but my claws against the slippery hallway didn't help me as I ran.Suddenly,I slipped and crashed into a wall with a thunk and a groan of pain.

         The twolegs quickly took advantage of my slip and surrounded me ready to snatch me with their long red poles.But I quickly got back up and wiggled past the circle of twolegs,but then a sharp pain flooded my body as I tried to run on my back left leg.Pushing through the pain,I noticed the door outside.The door was wide open,and had a welcoming warm breeze coming from it as if encouraging her to leave.

    With a yowl of delight I ran through the door and a bright light beamed onto my face,it was the sun! I turned around,the twolegs were still chasing me with their reddish pink faces. I quickly ran  towards the forest line, ignoring the yowls for help coming from the cages full of cats stuffed in the monster next to me.

        I ran into the forest and leaped into a bush and then slowly looked out of the bush moments later.The twolegs that were chasing me had finally made it outside and angrily they all threw their sticks into the dirt.

        I looked at my leg it was swollen and throbbing, I licked it gently to sooth the pain. Slowly,I got back up on my paws and limped out of the bush and deeper into the unknown forest.....

     ----------------------------------------------------------------------

     thanks for reading my new series, I hope you enjoy it as much as I had fun writing it :) feel free to comment or private message me if you like,I'll try to respond as soon as I can.