the clans

I ran through the forest happily,I was free!no more cages!no more nofurs!

   My fur tingled with excitement,for the first time ever I felt the warmth of the sun and gentleness of a summer breeze.The grass seemed so soft under my paws compared to concreate and metal bars I was confined in .

    Even though I had been traveling for days with limited food,my paws never felt sore and I never felt starved for food like I had felt in the pit.The outside was just like my mother told me it was like from stories,the birds chirping sounded just as beautiful and flowers that bloomed all over the forest were as bright and stunning as the stories.

     I wandered around a bunch of birch trees sniffing for a mouse,lurking in the grass or around the shelter of the trees.

   Suddenly the scent of cats flooded my nose.I looked around cautiously,there were so many different scents but no cats to be seen.

     "how strange" I muttered,sniffing the scents.

     The scent became stronger and stronger as I crept closer to a large thicket of brambles nearby. Curiously,I crept cautiously into the brambles. Its tiny thorns pricked my fur as I padded through bit by bit.Finally,I found a exit as I stepped out into a small clearing filled with cats.

   A mother was playing with her kits in the middle of the clearing as two strong looking cats argued about the storage of prey.A young cat was prancing around the clearing with a mouse,held proudly in his jaws "look! my first mouse" he said showing an older tabby,who seemed very pleased.

    I sat down near the entrance  and looked around,eveyone seemed so busy that they didn't notice me...or didn't care.Everything about this place was so different...so strange from were I was born,that I couldn't help just to watch from a distance in awe.

Suddenly I heard a scream "Intruder!" a cat yowled from a small den, glaring at me with suspicious eyes.

    The mother,who I was observing ushered her kits into a den nearby quickly as cats poured from dens,ready to fight with their claws stretched.

      "this is thunderclan territory get out!" they hissed,arching their backs and sheathing their claws.

   I looked behind me,I could just leave without trouble but my metal claws were starting to itch for a fight....I thought to myself,standing up with a bored look.Even though they looked trained in battle,they still didn't have that "deadly" look in their eyes,like the pit cats did.

    I got in a fighting position and raised my fur,letting out a low growl as I flashed my teeth and claws.

   suddenly a  black cat let out a screech "what's with those claws?" he yowled with a startled look,stepping back a few steps. 

      The group of cats began to look uneasy,but continued to threaten me with hisses and growls.

   "stop!" a shecat  yowled just before the group was about to attack me.

    Immediately the cats stopped what they were doing and looked at the shecat..She was  elegant and leen,white cat with black stripes on her face,paws,and tail.

     "we do not need anymore injuries for snowberry to take care of" she scolded at the group of cats angrily "we do not need to waste valuable herbs for no reason"

    A yellow tom fluffed out his fur "but moonstar! this intruder came into our camp"he defended himself, glaring at me.

    Moonstar looked at me with neither anger or happiness  "what brought you to our camp? You don't seem like a kittypet,a loner,nor a warrior"

    "curiosity" I replied simply.

"what!?" moonstar asked, sounding a bit surprised and mad.

    "I was bored and for some reason this part of the forest had a bunch of cat scents soo... I just wandered in" I answered calmly.

    The yellow tom jumped up from the crowd "how disrespectful" he growled.

   "Your're a strange one alright...any normal cat would be shaking in their fur" moonstar added staring at my claws,

    Moonstar turned around to face the group of cats and began to spoke "I've made a decision!From  now on this cat will be a part of our clan!"She announced.

   I jumped with surprise "WHAT! no!nonononoNO!! I have no idea what a clan is,but I JUST got my freedom and this looks like a responsibilities,limitations,work,and crazy cats" I objected,turning around to leave the camp.

  The clan let out a gasp "how ungrateful" they growled "she doesn't know how lucky she is..."

      "I don't think so" moonstar replied "you trespassed on OUR territory,I could easily order any of my warriors to kill you right now"

     "I could take them" I growled,continuing to head towards the exit "anyways didn't you say you didn't want to waste herbs?" I mocked.

    "sure you could take one or two of us...but could ou take ALL of us at the same time" she threatened "anyways I said not to  WASTE them....I don't consider this a waste anymore"

   A white tom with peach spots on his fur padded up and stood next to moonstar "why do you want that filthy and rude rogue in our clan?"

  But moonstar ignored him and began to speak again "tell me,what's your name?" she asked me.

   I glared at moonstar "I'm leaving so it doesn't matter,I don't want to be dragged into this"

   "too late" moonstar replied sternly  "give me your name now or I'll make you a new one"

I glared at moonstar with hate and then hesitantly spoke  "storm".

  "now then storm,you'll now be living with us under the name 'stormpaw' with rabbitleap as your mentor"

     The clan let out a chuckle "why rabbitleap? She's the weakest warrior of the clan.." they mumbled "she could hardly kill prey let alone fight"

     Moonstar ignored the nasty comments about my new mentor and waited for rabbitleap to show herself from the crowd.

   Rabbitleap looked very shy and gentle compared to the rest of the clan.She was small and very leen,with a brown coat and a white tail,which probably inspired  her name.

"Rabbitleap will teach you about the warrior code,how to hunt,and how to fight" moonstar told me.

    Rabbitleap nervously approached me and stuck out her nose as if she were expecting something.

      I looked around, wondering what I should do as rabbitleap continued to stick out her nose.

    "Just touch her nose already!" a voice came from the crowd.

   I jumped and then hurried over to rabbitleap and touched noses with her.

  With a satisfied look,moonstar looked at the crowd and spoke "everyone is now dismissed" she yowled, whipping her tail back and forth. 

-----------------------------------------------

   yay! new chapter,above is a picture of moonstar.I like to add visuals to show what my characters look like so I'll try to show a new character each chapter.I just finished hollyleafs second life so I tried to make storm a bit more arrogant and unwilling to join to make the story a bit more different from my other books. Storm thinks she's over powered (which she kind of is due to her metal claws) but she has trouble making friends,accepting help from others,and fitting in due to her background in the pit where she was hardly socialized and had to take care of herself in order to survie.

  Thanks for reading as always,

-bear