Prison Barge Expedient

Consciousness took hold of Nico in a flash. He blinked. "Why does no one remember then?"

Liedan looked at him, grave-faced, and said, "Dura lex sed lex. The law is hard, but it is the law. To allow the galaxy to know my sacrifice would be to sow fear."

Harsh shouting echoed down the hallway. A white-clad stormtrooper bolted around the corner. The butt of his blaster smacked Nico on the side of the head. The hologram of Liedan vanished as fast as it had appeared.

"You have been found in the possession of an illegal object. This Jedi relic will be impounded." The trooper picked up the holocron and strode over to Nico. Nico tried to stand, but the trooper clubbed him again. Then he marched from the room. Time passed, slow and sluggish, until he heard a warning klaxon blaring. Nico's energy bars fizzled out and he looked up blearily.

"The door is open, but I need your help to get that holocron back," a calm, clear voice whispered.

Nico sat up, barely believing. A man stood over him. He held a glowlight, which shone on his face. The man was middle-aged, but his blond hair had not faded with age. His icy blue eyes looked into Nico's. "What do you want with it?" he asked.

"Master Liedan had been compiling the names of friendly Yuuzhan Vong he had met on his journeys, mainly from the Extolled. I want to recruit them for a galactic restoration project, the Ossus Project. You might be perfect for the job. After all, you did find the holocron."

Nico sensed the man's honesty."I'll help you if you get me out of here."
The man nodded. "Long time no see, Nic."

"It doesn't feel like time has passed at all, Master Skywalker. It's an honor to see you again, sir." The two shook hands. Then they both rose to their feet and swaggered out the open door and toward the bridge of the prison barge Expedient.

For more on the Ossus Project, read Star Wars: Legacy.