coffen ships

Finally we got to get out of the living hell we were in the middle of. I was so happy that we could get out of Ireland. No more starvation. No more deaths. At least that's what I thought. People were fighting to get on a ship. People so weal getting pushed on the floor and the ever so kind people that would help them up would just get shoved on top of the people on the floor.

"Hold my hands!" Said dad. We held each others hands and ran towards one of the ships. We got on one and we were heading off to America. "Daddy,how long will it be until we get to America?" Anna asked. "I don't know sweat heart." Dad answered. Dad didn't want me to go to far away from him. The ship was crowded and I could have easily gotten lost. I looked around the ship and I saw Primrose. Her brother was next to her jumping around as she was trying to hold his hand and keep him still

She looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back. Our boat started to move and we were off. I was ever so excited. A whole new life in America. Oh the food was all I could think about. I was daydreaming for a while about my new house and how me and Primrose were going to be neighbors and visit each other every day but suddenly my daydream was interrupted a woman screaming and crying while running after two men with a body raped up in a blanket. "No,no,no,no! No please not this one! Please let him stay with me,he deserved longer! No,no,no!" The woman cried. "Miss stay back from the body,you don't know what you could catch from him" said one of the men carrying the body. "No! But he's my husband,no please" she sobbed.

We all said a prayer as we watched the first of any body's thrown off the ship. This was day one on the coffee ships.