Chapter 1

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Lucy you really should take it easy." The white haired mage said.

"Don't tell me what to do." I growled before chugging down the rest of my fourth mug of booze.

Mira has been nagging on me ever since I started having my small "drinking habits". It started about a few weeks ago and I know I've been getting worse but I really don't give a damn.

I grabbed another mug, staring into the bubbly liquid inside for a few moments.

'Erza you're driving me crazy...' I thought and mentally slapped myself as I chugged down the whole mug.

I needed to stop thinking about her, that was the whole reason why I started drinking in the first place. If only I could tell her then maybe I'd feel better and at least have a bit of closure...

"I'll be taking a barrel to-go." I said placing one hundred jewels on the counter to pay for what I already drank and for the amount I was about to be taking home.

"Lucy I don't think you should be having anymore-"

"Shut up Mira! Just give me a damn barrel already!" I snapped and banged one of my fists on the counter.

She sighed but did as I said and rolled in a barrel from the back. I waved good bye and carried the barrel to my apartment. 

I opened the door to see the last person I wanted to see sitting on my couch eating a piece of strawberry cake.

"You're finally home." Erza said without looking at me.

"Yeah..." I said and closed the door behind me and set the barrel on the ground.

"Why are you here?" I asked even though I had a pretty good idea why.

"You know exactly why I'm here." She said firmly and set down her cake on my coffee table.

"I don't need a lecture from you." I snapped but then I regretted saying that to her but I didn't apologize.

"If I don't, then who will?" She said and folded her arms.

"Just get it over with and then leave." I said as I popped off the top of the barrel and grabbed a cup from my cupboard and filled it up to the brim and chugged it down easily.

"You do realize you have a drinking problem don't you?" She asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah so?" I said as my eyes traced her curves. I growled in frustration and filled up another mug, drinking it faster than the last.

"It's not like you to have a problem like this." She said with a hint of concern behind the serious exterior.

"Well you better get used to it because it's not going to end anytime soon." I said starting to drink another mug but it was slapped out of my hands and fell onto the floor.

"Lucy! If you don't stop you're going to put your teammates in danger! What would happen if you were completely wasted on a serious job and something went wrong and we needed your help?!" She shouted looking me dead square into my eyes with a hatefulish expression.

I almost felt like my heart just broke a little. 'Does she hate me this much?' I thought as I looked away from her gaze.

"Well you might as well kick me off the team then..."