Chapter 5

Erza's POV

I just about died inside hearing Lucy say she didn't want to hear what I had to say. But I still had to tell her. There was just no way I could keep being around her and on the team with her every day without saying anything.

I quickly grabbed a hold of her arm, I just couldn't let her walk away. I knew I was getting all emotional about this because it has been killing me all this time keeping this from her. I felt tears starting to slowly stream down my cheeks but I didn't care.

"Lucy I..."

💖 Lucy's POV 💖

Just as she was about to tell me whatever she wanted to tell me, a crashing noise came from above us. The ground started to shake and the ceiling of hard packed dirt started breaking apart and pieces of it fell from above.

"It's an earthquake!!" I shouted.

'Why the hell is this happening?!!!!' I thought and quickly went back to my bag, trying to avoid the falling rock hard dirt.

"Lucy! What are you doing?! We have to get out of here!!" Erza yelled.

"My bag! It still has my keys in it!" I called back as I tripped trying to avoid another rock. I could see my bag now and I was almost there. I got back up and sprinted as fast as I could and grabbed it.

"I got the-" I started to say but a huge piece of the rock hard ceiling was falling right above me and there wasn't enough time to move.

"Requip!" I heard Erza shout as a dim light flashed as she requiped into one of her armors.

I closed my eyes tightly and screamed right before it was about to crush me but another flash of light flashed and I was somehow not feeling any pain.

I opened my eyes slowly to see that I was inside some sort of box. Wait. A box? No, it was Horologium!

"Oh my god I thought I was a goner." I said and let out a deep breath. I could still feel my body shaking terribly from what just happened. I almost just died.

"Lucy! Lucy! Say something!" I heard someone shout.

"I'm sorry miss Lucy but it looks like my time has run out. I do wish you the best of luck!" Horologium said.

"WAIT WHAT?!!" I shouted. The only thing keeping me from being crushed right now was him.

"Like I said, my deepest apologies." He said right before he went back to the celestial world.

I screamed as it hit me. It was crushing me, I could hear something starting to break and I think it was my leg but I couldn't tell which one.

"Erza!" I screamed.

"Lucy!" I heard the voice shouted again.

My vision started to fade and I could hardly hear their voice anymore. It was only crushing me more and more as my body started to go limp. I couldn't move.

'Is this it? I'm a really going to die?' I thought right before everything went black.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ •

Erza's POV

"No!! No!! No!! Damn it!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Erza you have to calm down! Natsu is down there and he'll find her!" Gray said, raising his voice at me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

After Lucy had went to grab her keys a huge piece of the rock hard ceiling was about to crush her. I had requiped into my flight armor but... I was still too slow... I saw it fall on her but I heard no scream. Not a sound.