Chapter 2

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I couldn't sleep all last night, despite how much of an intake of booze I had.

After I had said that last night... Erza just left. Not even a word. And that's what made me scared, or rather nervous or even both. Only one question that kept going through my mind last night was the reason I couldn't sleep.

Am I really kicked off the team then?

I took a bath and brushed my teeth and threw on a plaid colored skirt and a white shirt with a pink heart that was about at my chest. I also put on a light black colored jacket and tall black and pink boots.

I didn't want to go to the guild. I was afraid Erza or someone would be there waiting for me to show up informing me that I was really kicked off the team. I'd rather not know if I was or wasn't.

Instead I decided to go get an early lunch down at 8Island since it was about 10:39 am. I grabbed some jewels and stuffed them in the pocket of my jacket and walked down the apartment complex's stairs and into the streets of Magnolia.

After a few mins I was already in the restaurant and was seated in one of their many booths sipping on a strawberry milkshake.

I sighed a pushed my unfinished milkshake aside and rested my head on the table.

"Something wrong?" I heard a familiar old man's voice ask.

"No..." I said with another sigh.

"Love troubles?" Yajima asked.

"How did you know?!" I asked sitting up quickly.

"I've been around a while to know things when I see it." He said with a light chuckle. "So what seems to be the problem? No details needed my dear."

"Well... I've liked this person ever since I joined Fairy Tail, but I know they like someone else..." I said.

"Well you should tell them how you feel anyways. At least you could stop worrying as much." I heard an angel's voice say.

I looked to see Erza walking up to Yajima and I in a 8Island female waiter uniform.

"E-Erza what are you doing here?!" I asked and stood up quickly.

"I had a job request for here today and so does Wendy, Gray and Natsu but they're in the back making the food." She said.

I just couldn't help but notice how sexy she looked in the maid like restaurant uniform. The stockings up to the top the made some of her cleavage pop a little out of it, it just made it really hard to stay in the same room with her dressed like that.

"Well I must be going now, thank you for the milkshake!" I said quickly and practically threw some jewels on the table, not bothering to count how much.

"Wait! Lucy come back!" Erza shouted but I ran out the door and kept running all the way back to my apartment, not looking back to see if she was running after me.

I slammed my door shut and leaned against it. I stood there for a few moments to catch my breath. I sunk down the floor, holding my knees up to my chest as I looked off into space.

'I can't keep living like this...' I thought.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ •

Sorry this chapter is a bit short ._.
But how do you guys like this fanfic so far? I would love some feed back! Thanks!