Meeting The Kids

I wrote this on fanfiction so it always gets updated there first. Same with Mortals Meet the Seven.

I meant to say this in the summery but there wasn't space. This is set in a Futuristic time that is like the past for the rich with ballgowns and things but no different for the poor really except that they are treated terribly and people still wear jeans.

Percy POV

Money isn't everything.

That's what I've learned over the years. That's the main lesson my life has taught me. Money has taken everything I love from me.

I pull my knees up to my chest and shiver, it's raining and I'm not ready to go in yet. Into that abandoned factory that is now my home. I wish I didn't have to but I do. I wish I didn't have to see their scared, sad faces but I do. Unless I want to die or want them to die. Who are they you ask? They are the kids I live with Jason, Thalia, Leo, Hazel and Nico.

I push myself up and pick up the bag of food I managed to find today. I push open the heavy old door. We live on the top floor of this monstrous building which means lots of stairs. In the beginning it was hard to climb all the stairs, now I hardly break a sweat.

When I reach the top Nico rushes to greet me. I found him and Hazel two years ago, it feels like an eternity. Nico's ten and Hazel's nine.

'What did you get?' Nico asks, excited.

'I got some bread and an only two day's old gar of peanut-butter.' I tell him.

He grins and runs off to find Hazel. I walk to the main room, where I find Jason making a fire.

'Hey.' He says when he sees me. 'What did you get?'

'Some bread and two day old peanut-butter.' I sit down next to him and warm my hands on the fire.

'Well, looks like we'll be having a feast tonight.' Jason mutters sarcastically.

I roll my eyes at him, 'Bitter much.' He only grunts.

'Where's Leo?' I ask.

'With Hazel.' Jason mutters.

'And where's Hazel?' I prompt.

'She's in the store-room.' He grins, 'They're sorting things.'

'Okay.' I go and find them stacking plates. Most of them have been glued back together by Leo but we have three non-cracked ones. I help them.

'So, how are you today?' I ask Leo. You see the thing is, Leo's sick. We don't know with what or any of that, we just know he is.

'I'm fine.' Leo mutters. He hates us fussing.

The door buzzer buzzes and Nico runs to see who it is.

'What did you get?' Nico asks and we all get up.

Thalia's home and that means supper time.