Unknown Faces.

It was an all too familiar Monday morning. I was walking through the halls with my head held low avoiding eye contact with everyone. Although I did want to spot that certain blonde that always kept my attention. However I was an unknown face to her. She didn't know of my existence and probably wouldn't know of it. I made my way to my locker and entered in my code trying to find my Sociology book for this morning. I heard the familiar humming of the blondes best friend. Her locker was right next to mine meaning sometimes, if I was lucky, I would have her within a metre of me whilst she waited for her friend to collect her things.
"Hurry up Leigh, I don't have all day" I heard her say behind me. Just the sound of her voice sent a shiver up my spine.
"Alright I'm coming" Leigh said whilst closing her locker not without nearly knocking me out in the process. I sighed as she didn't even have the curtesy to apologise. I closed my locker and my eyes followed the pair of them as they headed down their corridor. There was a slight throbbing in my left side where Leigh-Anne's huge bag had managed to hit me. I then followed the pair down the corridor as both of them were in my class and I had to be in their company for 3 hours. I didn't mind being in Perrie's company. I wouldn't actually call it company as I never speak to them or get spoken to. I entered the classroom to see people getting passed back their essays that we did last week. I heard Perrie's voice as she neared the front.
"Not a bad attempt Perrie, we are getting slight improvements" I heard Mr White say. I heard Perrie sigh whilst taking her paper from him and heading towards her desk. I soon made my way to the front to collect my paper.
"Ah! Jade, my little brain box! A top piece as always! Keep it up" he beamed whilst handing me my paper. I mumbled a quick thank you whilst heading to my desk.
"I'm getting sick of this" I heard Perrie moan "I revise and try my best and barely pass".
"Maybe you need to cut down on rehearsals? I know you love drama but you need good grades overall" I heard her clumsy friend say back. I carried on making my way to my desk at the back. I grabbed out my notebook and prepared for what was going to be the longest lesson ever.
"Ok guys! I know some of you aren't happy with your grades but we will get there before exam season comes around" Mr White said "to help some of you along I thought we could move you all around. Put some of our better students next to those of you that are struggling". I knew this meant I would be getting moved and I hoped it would be next to Perrie. I sighed and started to move my stuff ready to be moved.
"Stay right there Jade, I'm going to move people up to your row" he smiled. I then waited and heard him say that Danny was sitting on the end of the row. Then I was sat next to him and to my right was Perrie. I didn't know how I now felt with her moving next to me. To her right was a guy called Nathan who was pretty smart. It looked like he would be the one helping Perrie whilst I was stuck with Danny. I probably wouldn't have been able to get out the words to even help her. Perrie soon came and sat next to me without even saying a hello. This was nothing unusual as like always the blonde didn't even acknowledge my existence.

------------------

I decided I needed as much extra credit as possible when applying for university. So here I was being the drama studios run around. If anyone needs a drink, Jade gets it. Anyone needs to be rude to someone, Jade is the person they be rude to. Yes it wasn't a great job but if it meant looking good on my application I would stick it out. I had just got the director a much needed extra strong coffee with no milk. It was totally wrong to drink something like this but I handed it over to her.
"Erm, miss" I heard Perrie say from behind me.
"Yes Perrie, what is it?" She snapped and I saw Perrie flinch at her response.
"I kind of erm, lost my script walking here this morning" Perrie said with her head hung slightly.
"You have got to be kidding me! I spent hours printing those off and highlighting everyone's key parts" she shouted. That was a lie, Jade was the one that printed them and highlighted the parts.
"I know I'm sorry. I tried looking around and it's gone. Is there a spare script anywhere?" Perrie asked.
"Jade!" I heard her screech. I then slowly made my way over to where she was stood rubbing her temples trying to calm down. "Please sort this out. Take Perrie to my office. You know where the script is. Print her a new one and highlight it".
"Ok, I'll be as quick as possible" I smiled whilst taking the office key.
"You see that Perrie! That is a girl with organisation skills and a problem solver! Take some tips" she shouted. I felt bad for Perrie. As much as it was nice to be complimented and infront of the girl I've had a crush on the majority of high school it wasn't nice to see Perrie looking so glum. I made my way out of the theatre hall not looking behind me to see if Perrie was following me. I don't think I could even form a proper sentence infront of her yet.
"Hey! Wait up!" Perrie shouted whilst jogging up next to me "I have no idea where her office is. I don't want to get into anymore trouble". I just nodded and carried on walking. I couldn't believe Perrie was walking with me, that's right with me. Not infront of me or behind me actually with me. Yes it may be for her own benefit but this felt like a big deal for me.
"You're Jade right?" She asked. The only response I could manage was a nod. "I got moved next to you in sociology! You seem to be top of the class". I mumbled a "yep" in response before finally seeing the office up ahead. "You're not much of a talker are you" she added with a light laugh. I put the key into the lock and unlocked the door ignoring what Perrie had said. I made my way over to the desk and quickly entered the password having been in here so long preparing the scripts. Perrie sat down on the office chair next to me and began wheeling around the room. She was acting like a child, spinning around on the seat and giggling. I couldn't help but watch her through the reflection on the computer screen and smile. She was even more adorable close up and my heart swelled even more. I pulled up the script and found the one I had titled "queen" and instantly face palmed. I quickly sent it to print and closed the screen down. Titling your crush's script "Queen👑" and having her in the same room isn't a great idea. Perrie soon heard the printing and rolled over to the printer. She grabbed the script and came over to me.
"Have you got a highlighter?" She asked.
"Er-yeah, over in, erm, those draws" I replied wanting to scream at my stuttered response. Perrie thought it would be smart to push herself off of the desk towards the draws. Little did she knew these chairs tipped so easily and she was soon laid on the floor with a shocked expression. I couldn't contain my laughter as it had finally happened to someone else. Many of times I had the same idea as Perrie and ended up on the floor.
"Quit laughing at me!" Perrie said trying to not laugh herself "come help me up". I carried on laughing and soon I was nearly crying of laughter and so was Perrie. I quickly regained myself and went over to Perrie and offered her my hand. She quickly accepted and I pulled her back up. My heart almost stopped when Perrie was so close to me and she had the sweetest smile on her face.
"Thankyou" she said softly "can you help me highlight my script?"
"Of course, what colour highlighter do you want?" I asked. I didn't stutter this time which I wanted to congratulate myself on.
"Baby blue" she said whilst taking my seat.
"That's my seat!" I whined "move or I'm not helping you". Perrie put her hands up in surrender and got the other chair whilst I sat down with the script. I wrote her name at the top and the part she was playing then began highlighting. Although I have to admit this time around highlighting her script was proving more difficult when she was sat so close to me and was reciting each line as I highlighted it. My breathing was increasing much more and I could have sworn this wasn't real.
"Do you not act?" Perrie asked. I lightly laughed and turned around to her.
"Do I look like I'm confident enough to act?" I replied.
"I don't know. You seem to be good at everything else. Every class I'm in you seem to be the star" Perrie said with a small smile.
"Drama really isn't my thing. I couldn't be the centre of attention" I said turning back to the script.
"You should try be more confident" Perrie said whilst moving the piece of hair that was hanging infront of my eyes and tucking it behind my ear. "I never knew such a sweet girl was hiding behind those long locks of yours".