Bad Dreams

Another day of college and another struggle of trying to stay awake. Sleep was Jade's worst enemy. She found herself wide awake each night trying to find some way to get herself to nod off. She was lucky if her body would allow her a couple of hours before a full day at college. She would often nod off and bolt back up in her bed as a bad dream had flooded it's way into her mind. Her Mum didn't understand why she spent every weekend in her room sleeping and Jade didn't want to tell her. She feared her Mum would try take her to some therapist to help her sleep and that was the last thing she wanted. She hated speaking to anyone about her problems and not even she knew why she couldn't sleep, so how was a stranger supposed to know?

Jade slowly made her way into college and edged towards her locker not aware of the pair of eyes watching her. Those eyes belonged to Perrie Edwards. Perrie was in the same year as Jade but they didn't share any classes. That being because Perrie wasn't as academic as Jade. It was obvious that Perrie had a crush on Jade as each day she would watch her from a far. The only person that knew of Perrie's crush was her best friend Leigh. Leigh swore she wouldn't say anything but secretly wanted to. Leigh shared a few classes with Jade those being English and Biology. Leigh had begged Perrie to let her speak to Jade and let her mention Perrie's name but Perrie begged her not to. Little to Perrie's knowledge Jade did know who Perrie was. She had often seen the blonde in the cafeteria chatting away to Leigh-Anne and she couldn't deny the blonde was attractive. Jade thought all of Perrie's clique were attractive, Perrie was the better looking one.

Perrie noticed Jade's tired appearance and noticed that it was getting worse.
"Leigh, look at her" Perrie said sadly "she's so tired".
"Maybe she should go to bed early" Leigh laughed.
"I don't think that's the case Leigh, I doubt she's willingly allowing herself to get into that state" Perrie snapped feeling irritated by Leigh's little care to the situation.
"Why don't you go ask her then? You know as much as I do" Leigh said. Perrie just sighed and watched as Jade struggled to even put the code into her locker. She watched as Jade tried to get the books out of her locker and watched as there was a sudden crash. All of Jade's books had gone hurdling towards the floor and Jade stood and looked at them blankly.
"That's it!" Perrie cursed as she left her group of friends and went towards Jade. Jade started to make an effort of picking the books up off the floor. That was until she saw a thin pale arm start to grab the books for her. Jade lifted her head to see who the arm belonged to and she was surprised when she saw blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes looking at her.
"Here you go" Perrie said softly.
"Thanks" Jade said with little care.
"Are you ok?" Perrie asked. Jade's stomach turned as this was the first time someone had asked her. She could feel her eyes brimming with tears and didn't want Perrie to see.
"Er-yeah, I'm good thanks" Jade muttered. Perrie picked up on the lie and didn't know whether to push Jade further into speaking to her.
"I know it's none of my business but you really don't seem OK. If you want someone to talk to I'm free to talk" Perrie smiled.
"I'm fine!" Jade snapped before grabbing the books from Perrie and slamming her locker shut. Perrie jumped slightly and took a step back from Jade as she didn't expect the outburst. "Sorry".
"Not to worry, I was only trying to look out for you" Perrie replied not losing her smile "the offer still stands if you change your mind". Perrie grabbed a pen from her bag and a small sticky note. She scribbled her number down onto it and stuck it on the front of one of Jade's books. She then turned around and walked back to her group of friends. The bell then went off and Jade was left looking at Perrie's number on the front of her book.

"How'd that go?" Leigh laughed as she had watched the whole scenario pan out.
"Terrible" Perrie said defeated "she really didn't like me".
"Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea" Leigh said putting her arm around her best friend. But Perrie didn't want to look for anyone else, she wanted to give Jade a chance, she was going to give Jade time.