Driving home for Christmas

Jade was alone. The flat felt empty even though it was full of her favourite Christmas decorations. Her family were up in Newcastle and Jade had arranged to travel up there for New Years rather than to spend Christmas there. She hoped she could spend Christmas with Perrie but to her surprise Perrie had arranged for her and her family to go to Lapland. This upset Jade more than Perrie released. When Perrie had told her about her plans the girls had only just got together and Jade acted like she was completely fine with it. But now she was sat alone with only Hatchi as company she realised how lonely she was. Perrie had promised to make it up to her by having a second Christmas with her once she returned but that still meant missing the main day and Jade's birthday. The other two girls were celebrating with their families and neither had considered that Jade would be alone on Christmas. The more Jade thought about it the more upset she became. The girls knew that out of all of them Jade loved this time of year the most due to her crazy organisation but that didn't seem to matter to them.

Jade had decided to make herself a late night snack and sit infront of the fire with a movie on. Although she wasn't a dog person she had taken Hatchi in happily over the Christmas period and found herself cuddling up to the dog as a few tears slipped from her eyes. Jade was interrupted by a FaceTime call from Leigh. She quickly answered not really thinking about her appearance and how Leigh would be able to tell that the girl had been crying only a few seconds before.
"Jadeeeee!" Leigh beamed "merry Christmas babe! You are the first one I called, don't tell the others but you're my favourite". Jade smiled softy in response and Leigh's smile faltered.
"What's wrong hunnie?" Leigh said concerned.
"Nothing, I'm fine. Just lonely that's all" Jade admitted.
"Wait, you're alone? I assumed you had company whilst Perrie was away?" Leigh asked finally catching onto Jade's current situation. Jade just sighed and shook her head as tears started to fill her eyes. "Oh my god, Jade! No one should be alone on Christmas. I can't believe I didn't know. I thought your Mum would have come down or Danielle would have stayed". Leigh felt guilty. She had been too heavily invested with herself and how she was spending Christmas with her family that she hadn't realised what the situation was. She then thought about Perrie and felt slightly angry with the girl. She understood that she had made arrangements with her family but leaving Jade alone just wasn't on. "I really don't know what to say Jade. Do you want me to send a car to pick you up? You are more than welcome to spend Christmas here. After all this is my first Christmas in my new house?"
"I'm ok Leigh, honestly. I'll just wait for Perrie to get back" Jade said sadly "bye now". With that Jade hung up the phone and decided she had really had enough of this day. Normally her Christmas eves were full of excitement and happiness but this one was her worst one to date.

When Jade hung up the phone Leigh felt so sad. She just wasn't going to let Jade spend her Christmas alone. So she decided to call Jesy.
"I was waiting for your call Leigh, how are you?" Jesy beamed as she answered the phone.
"Well, I was good until I called Jade" Leigh said sounding deflated.
"Why, what's wrong? Her and Perrie haven't broke up have they? Not on Christmas Eve?" Jesy said panicked.
"No! But Jade's alone".
"No she isn't, I swear she said she was spending it with her family" Jesy said trying to reassure Leigh.
"I just called her and she's on her own Jesy. Perrie is in Lapland with her family. Her family are up in Newcastle. I assume Danielle is also with her family. She was crying Jess, proper tears too. This is Jade's favourite time of year and knowing she's in her flat, alone and upset won't do!" Leigh said getting angry.
"I can't believe Perrie was ok with this. I bet no wonder we didn't know as Perrie knows full well I would have kicked off. She could have added Jade on to go with her or made sure Jade had company, I'm gunna kill her!" Jesy said angrily.
"I don't think that's the best way to approach this Jesy. I think we need to guilt trip her, make her feel so bad she goes back and is home with Jade" Leigh said.
"But wouldn't that ruin her family trip?" Jesy asked.
"She's been there nearly a week now, she was due to travel back soon, I'm sure if Deb knew about this then she would be as angry at Perrie as we are" Leigh continued.
"Ok, so I'll call her!" Jesy added "I'll let you know how it goes". Leigh said thankyou before hanging up and hoping that Jesy would sort things out.