Background

You met Patrick in 2002 when you were sixteen years old and the two of you have been together more than twenty years since. And those twenty-something years, though they weren't the slightest bit easy, were the best twenty-something years of your life. During that time, you found the love of your life and married him, and together, the two of you had two beautiful children - one boy and one girl, ten years apart in age. Now, you're having a third.

Some time in late February, you went into labor earlier than expected. You were rushed to the hospital and induced into labor, giving birth to a baby boy you and Patrick named Zachary. Although he was early, with his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck when he came out, he ended up being healthy and everything was alright.

Well...not quite so.

Sure, everything was alright in regards to your newborn son, but not everything was alright.

A few months after you return home with the new addition to the family, things start to take a turn for the worst. The smile you used to have plastered on your face has slowly started to fade away. The laughs you would produce almost all the time now seem artificial, forced almost. The simple things that once brought you joy, and the new ones that should bring you joy, bore you.

You don't know why, you don't know how, it's just how it is.

And it might just be the reason you lose it all.