King of Hearts Ch. 12

The room that Frank put me in was pink. I mean so pink that anyone who hated pink would die of a heart attack, kind of pink. To add to the pinkness, it was frilly and really lacey. To a guy it would seem like a very feminine room. To a girl it was just annoying. I mean who would want pink mirrors on their vanity? Plus, the ceiling having hearts on it was a bit much...then again; it was all a bit much considering the lack of any other color. A bed was against the wall facing the door and a vanity with a bench was across from it. Other than that, there was a dresser and two other mirrors on the doors that could contain who knows what...all in pink. Gapping at the overload of white mixed with red, I didn't notice Montgomery sit next to me until he nudged me with his nose.

"It's Shelia's room," he answered my unspoken question and I shivered.

"Who would have this much pink? It's disturbing," I said and he shrugged.

"I don't even try to get into her head anymore. She's got weird when Jack became her Card. I don't even want to think of what happened after," he replied and I looked at the goose bumps on my arms. I really didn't like that chick.

"Will she come in here?" I asked as the thought occurred to me and I glared at the door.

"Only with another guy. She never steps in here except for sex," he grinned and I shivered. That's not a mental picture that I needed.

"Has Jack..." I started and someone scoffed behind me.

"He wouldn't touch her after she destroyed his life. Plus, if their last meeting was an example than I doubt she'll ever even think of trying to go near him again. Getting you was an act of defiance on her part. Add that to Zekan's note and you've got one angry Victory," A small oriental girl told me and I stared at her long black hair. It was even longer than her height and it trailed behind her like a tail. Snapping out of my fascination with the amazing smoothness of her hair, I frowned.

"What note? What did it say?" I questioned and she shook her head.

"It said something like, 'we have your dove. Come and get her.' Knowing Victory that's probably what he'll do," She reported and I shook my head in surprise. This was getting to be a bit much, even for me.

"Why is he doing this," I mumbled. "Even going so far as to say that he would make me his dove..." A snort of laughter sounded in front of me and I looked for the source of the noise. The girl was doubled over holding her mouth and she almost appeared to be having a seizure.

"You can laugh out loud...I don't mind," I said wondering if I was right. I was. In the next thirty minutes I heard a laugh that I probably would never hear again considering the circumstances. Then again...I didn't even know this girl.

"Who are you, anyway?" I asked and she managed to compose herself.

"I'm Sakura, the Queen of Clubs. Don't worry I'm on your side," She informed me and I sighed. At this point, I didn't even want to know who was on what side. I just wanted to go home.

"When can I go home?" I probed getting right to the subject and she sat next to Montgomery silently.

"I don't know. If Zekan decides to keep you here than you're basically doomed to be here forever. Or at least until you say you hate him. Which would be interesting, if his powers wouldn't destroy the planet once their unleashed on the world," She admitted and I got up and sat on the vanity bench.

I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be at home getting ready to teach Julius Caesar with Jack making dinner or something. Hey, I would even let Nil help out if he promised not to share what I was going to do. Startled at my own daydream, I glanced up into the pink, frilly mirrors at my reflection. A dark purple splotch marred my complexion and I wondered vaguely how it got there. Reaching up to touch it, I hissed at the pain it brought and pulled my fingers away. Instinctively looking down at them, I stared. The purple had gone onto my fingers. Rubbing at the bruise, I watched as it slowly disappeared and got all over my fingers. What was under the fake bruise was something different altogether...if I could tell what it was. The faintest design was there and no matter how much I leaned forward, I wasn't able to see what it was.