Chapter 18 - New Team Member

I do not own 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' nor any characters affiliated with the series. 

Chapter 18 - New Team Member

*Dani*

A few days passed without any sign of the Foot Clan or Shredder. I hadn't had any incidents and I was thankful for the freedom. The brothers had all told me to take it easy, but I was twitching to train with them. While they trained I would either talk with April whenever she came by or I would wander aimlessly around the lair trying to find something to do. When the brothers had free time I would try to be with them each. I'd watch cartoons with Mikey, help Donnie in the lab, and watch Raph and Leo spar in the dojo. Now I sat alone on the couch, staring at the blank TV in boredom.

"It would do you much better if you actually turned it on," Splinter said softly behind me.

I turned my head gave him a half smile. "You're probably right, but I don't know what to watch." I laughed. "I don't even know what I want to do!"

Splinter chuckled and moved to sit next to me. "You miss training, don't you?"

I nodded sadly. "More than I can even say, but if I were to join the brothers in their training sessions I'm pretty sure sure they would be extremely upset with me."

Splinter gave a small shrug and a faint smirk twitched on his lips. "They wouldn't be upset if they didn't know."

My eyes widened and I giggled. "That is very true!"

Splinter stood up and nodded for me to follow. "Come along. April has training soon, so perhaps you can join her? She is good at keeping a secret."

I laughed and followed him to the dojo where we waited for April. She arrived soon after a smile on her face.

"Dani!" She exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

I smiled back and gave a small wave. "I'm here to train with you! Which, by the way, is our little secret. The boys would probably not like the fact I was doing this so soon after and they wouldn't let me hear the end of it."

April crossed her arms and nodded. "Your secret is safe with me!"

I widened my smile and we quickly got to training. It had only been a few days, but it felt as if I hadn't trained in years, and every move flowed out of my limbs like second nature. Afterwards I sat on the floor breathing heavily, a large grin spread across my face.

"That was fantastic! Thank you Master Splinter for letting me join April," I looked to April, "and thank you for letting me join you!"

Splinter chuckled and nodded as April smiled brightly back at me. I stood back up and April and I bowed to Splinter then left the dojo. We walked out to the main area and both flopped down onto the couch.

"I've never seen you smile so brightly before!" April exclaimed with a small giggle.

I nodded, "I haven't felt my face hurt like this from smiling in so long." I look down at my hands and laugh softly. "I've missed being this happy."

April went quiet beside and I felt her eyes on me. I lifted my gaze back up and sighed. "Don't worry about me!" I said.

April nudges my arm with her elbow and she nods. "I know I don't need to, you're stronger than you look."

Just then the brothers came running in, they were all laughing and shoving each other playfully. I felt my happiness grow at the sight of them all smiling and enjoying themselves. My eyes were suddenly drawn to a shadow behind them. I raised an eyebrow and instantly stood up. The brothers all stopped laughing to stare at me as I walked towards them. I passed them, their expressions still confused.