Chapter 4 - The Ha'shi

I do not own 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' nor any characters affiliated with the series.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading so far! I know I don't have that many reads, but each and every one of them makes me so happy. I hope you all enjoy this chapter as well.

Chapter 4 - The Ha'shi

*Dani*

Sensei left me alone in the small room so I could recoup from what I had just done. The ache in my head had gone, but in its place were the painful memories of the lab. I absentmindedly rubbed the crook of my arm with my thumb, remembering the feel of the syringe as it pierced my skin. I shook my head pushing away the thought and stood up abruptly. My heart rate increased and I took deep breaths to calm myself. I crossed my arms and moved towards the exit of the room.

Once out of the room I made my way towards where I had seen the three of the four brothers. Thankfully, they were still there. At the entrance I paused. What would happen if I approached them now? Would they shun me like I had done to them? I shook my head and reached up to my ponytail, hooking the tips of my fingers onto the hair tie and pulled it out letting my wavy hair fall down around my shoulders. I let out a sigh and and closed my eyes. After prepping myself, I opened my eyes and walked into the large room.

"Come on boys. One of us need to go in there and talk to Raph. He can't just stay cooped up alone in there." Leo said to the others.

Mikey sat in his chair enjoying a piece of pizza while Donnie sat nervously in his own seat. Leo stood his hands pressed heavily on the table. I cleared my throat softly and their attention turned to me.

"Uh, hi." I said awkwardly. I continued walking towards them slowly. Their eyes had widened and they stared at me in shock.

"Dudes. That really is little Dani..." Mikey muttered in awe. "She looks so different." He added in a quieter voice.

I smiled softly at him and nodded. "That's right. Little Dani is back." My smile faded and my gaze shifted downwards in shame. "And I'm really sorry I left... It was stupid and I just want you guys to know that I truly am sorry. Deep down - though I never understood it until now - I really missed you guys." I looked back up and was shocked to realize my eyes were filled with tears. I blinked and one slid down my cheek. My hand whipped up and quickly wiped it away, my gaze going down again in embarrassment. Suddenly I was lifted off my feet and felt strong arms around my small body in a huge bear hug. I was shocked at first but then let myself relax and return the hug.

"We missed you too." Leo said as his arms tightened slightly. I felt a small pain in my ribs suddenly arise and I let out a struggled laugh.

"You're crushing me." I choked out. He loosened his grip and I the pain went away until Donnie and Mikey walked over and joined in the hug. They all hugged me and I felt at home again. I giggled happily as we all just group hugged for a little while. Then someone cleared their throat. The brothers and I all looked over at Raphael and I felt my cheeks start to heat up. The brothers stepped back and Leo placed me back on the ground where I stood awkwardly, avoiding Raph's gaze.

"Raph. Looks like you finally decided to get away from the training." Leo said, trying to put a happy tone over the worry.

Raph simply scoffed and shrugged. I glanced up just as he crossed his large arms. His green eyes were cast on Leo and he didn't give even the slightest hint he'd look in my direction.

"I was just thinking Leo, no need to worry." His voice was gruff and monotone. I felt a small heat of anger rise in my stomach, but I didn't know why. Raphael wasn't my problem anymore, he didn't care about me. His gaze suddenly met mine and I felt my cheeks heat up. There was something in his eyes. I didn't know what it was but it was a mix of anger, longing, hatred, and sadness. I pursed my lips and quickly averted my gaze. A sudden, rapid beeping caused me to jump slightly and my head whipped towards the wall of computer screens as they all lit up with various videos of the subway. The brothers all moved to stand in front of them, their bodies tense.