0.1

the popularity project | calum hood

0.1

______________________

calums pov

According to the New Oxford Dictionary the definition of popular is liked, admired, or enjoyed by a particular person or group.

According to Urban Dictionary the definition of popular is a group of kids in high school that for some reason are mysteriously known as the most important kids in the school. They are usually rich, good looking, and snobby. The boys are almost always part of the football team and the girls are usually cheerleaders. Most of the time they're always huge assholes who think they're better than everyone else.

Society today has twisted the real definition into the urban dictionary definition. Yeah, I'll admit that my devilish good looks and being caption of the football team may have something to do with my large amount of popularity, but i'd like to think that my charming personality might have something to do with it too. Maybe I sound conceited but that's only because I am conceited. Hey, at least I can admit it. I hate how some people try to act so innocent when they know they're just real dicks at heart. However, I would like to make one thing clear: I am not an asshole and I don't think I'm better than anyone else, well, expect for maybe Annabella, the school nerd, or maybe the boy who only eats cheese. Damn, this is one weird school.

"Good morning, class!" Mrs. Williams, the english teacher, entered the classroom, interrupting my thoughts.

"Mrs. Williams, you're late," the student sitting directing behind me coughed.

"Yes, I am very aware of that, Oliver," Mrs. Williams set her stuff down, obviously annoyed already, "I had something's to take care of before school."

"Ooh, what kind of things?" Oliver smirked.

"That's enough!" Mrs. Williams snapped, "Please be quiet before i have to write you up."

"Sorry," Oliver mumbled under his breath, "No need to get your panties in a twist."

"Anyways," Mrs. Williams started, "Today I will be assigning you all your senior project!"

"I've heard about this! My sister had to do it," Emma, my girlfriend, chimed in, "She hated it."

"Here are your rubrics," Mrs. Williams ignored Emma as she passed out the papers to everyone.

I scanned it over quickly, there weren't many requirements.

Senior Project Rubric

Benefits student body- 20 points
Test subject- 20 points
Effort- 25 points
Interviews- 5 points
Presentation/Visual- 30 points

Raising her hand high in the air Emma asked, "So, what's the project supposed to be about, exactly?"

"That's the beauty of it, it can be about whatever you want!" Mrs. Williams grinned excitedly, "It just has to follow all of the requirements on the rubric. So, did you put in effort? Is it meaningful? Were other people involved in your project? Did you interview someone else involved in your project? Did you do a good presentation?"

Mrs. Williams gave us the rest of the class to brainstorm about the project. I decided to do a PowerPoint for my presentation/visual but I really had absolutely no idea on what to actually do my project about. Soon enough class was over and I was supposed to go to gym. Lucky for me, I didn't have to go to gym because I'm on the football team. If you play a sport you automatically get out of gym and your practices are counted as your physical education instead. So that meant I had a free period to do whatever I wanted.