0.2

the popularity project | calum hood

0.2

____________________

calums pov

The door slowly opened revealing someone I never expected to see here. Annabella. She looked different than usual. Her, down below her knees, plaid skirt had been replaced with baby blue sweatshorts, matching the color of lukes eyes. Her button up shirt and tie had been swapped for an oversized gray, graphic crewneck sweater and her blonde, tight, curly hair was now thrown up into what I had learned from my sister was called a 'topknot.' Needless to say, she looked, well, she looked like a normal teenage girl.

"Um, hello?" She snapped me back into reality by waving her hand in front of my face, it was then that I realized what I was going to do for my senior project.

"Hi, s-sorry." I said, lifting my gaze to from her socks to her face.

"What do you want?" She asked, rather rudely.

"Um, I was wondering if you had seen a girl, about your height. She has dark blonde hair and um yeah," I try my best to describe what Mali looks like.

"Annabella, who's this?" An older lady appears in the door way, who I would assume is Annabella's mother.

"This is Calum, he's looking for some girl," She answered the older lady.

"How did you know my name?" I asked surprised.

"You're Calum Hood, everyone knows you. You're the most popular kid at school." She scoffed.

"Annabella, don't be rude!" The older lady scolded, "Go help him!"

"But mom!" She wined. So the lady is her mom.

"No buts!" She shoved Annabella out the door.

"Sorry, you really don't have to help me," I apologized, waking down the her driveway.

"My mom isn't going to let me back inside unless I help you, so I really don't have a choice," She grumbled following after me.

"Oh, well, thanks, I guess..." I trailed off.

"So, this girl, who is she?" Annabella questioned as we walked up the steps to the next house, "Girlfriend, fuckbuddy, what's your relationship with her?"

"No, she's not my fuckbuddy!" I cringe at the thought of having sex with my own sister, "Her name is Mali and she's my sister."

"Oh," she laughed as if the situation was even remotely funny.

We're almost at the house when my phone rings and I take it out of my back pocket, holding it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Calum, I found her!" My dads excited voice rang through my ears, "I'll come pick you up at the front of that neighborhood!"

"My dad found her," I told Annabella gleefully, "tell your mom I said thanks!"

"Um, okay!" I heard her shout as I ran to the front of the neighborhood where my dad was waiting for me in his truck with Mali in the passengers seat. I hopped in the backseat quickly before my dad pulled away.

"Mali, why would you ever leave?!?" I questioned, out of breath.

"I'm sorry, I thought dad would either disown me or make me abort the baby." She said.

"I would never!" My dad defended himself, "I love you, please never forget that."

"Where were you?" I asked.