Chapter Nineteen; A Melancholy Choir

{NICO}

"Morpork."

"Morpork."

The faraway bird pronounced his own name proudly and repeatedly, the echoes sang back in the same sing song voice, anyone who might look for her would have no luck in finding said bird, whom was hidden amongst trees somewhere in the mountains.

The Morpork wasn't one of Nico's favourite birds, not that he'd sat down and decided his top three. But the bird surely took the responsibility in making the forest come alive when night came about.

Though the Morpork's cries were not the only sound in the forest come nighttime, many birds whose names unknown to Nico sang obnoxiously to fill the silence, in which there was none.  

A strong wind howled through Nico's hair and clawed its way through any pin point of a hole in his clothes that it could find, almost overpowering the sound of the birds choir. Which was now only a faint cry in Nico's mind as he surged forward against the wind and through the bush.

It shouldn't be to far ahead, though Nico wasn't sure what it was, he suspected a building, maybe a wooden cabin, there was no way to tell until he arrived. Though it didn't matter to uim anyways, the only thing Nico's mind was set on was finding his sister, alive at that.

The building was made entirely of glass, almost camouflaging it in the darkness of the night, but Nico could see it clearly, a massive lump formed in his throat as he stepped forwards.

Huge trees surrounded the building tightly like a wall, barricading any predators that might cause harm to the delicate glass. The only opening being the one Nico just walked through.

The birds behind him now continued to wail their so called song, now only seeming like a mournful cry out to Nico, whom was staring directly up at the building now. It was as is the birds were wailing at him to turn around, go back, not to step foot inside the building, almost as if they knew the horrors that lay behind those glass walls.

Nico earned a few cuts and scratches from pieces of broken glass scattered on the floor and sticking out in random directions through the glass walls. Besides that, it was easy, there were no people, no guards, no one for Nico to fight against.

The building was completely empty.

But that didn't happen to strike as strange to Nico, whom kept walking in a direction he himself was unaware of. But all this, it felt familiar, like he'd been here before. Or maybe that was just the crazy talking.

Nico knew he didnt have that much longer, with every step he took it felt like a battle, every blink was a razor to the eye. Though it wasn't like Nico had no clue why this was happening, it was the obvious reason, the bullet. That stupid silver bullet that happened to be ever so deadly to werewolves, and though most of the bullet was out of him, the little splinter of a piece still left managed to have so much of a horrible effect on him. 

It was driving him insane, Nico sees things that aren't really there, he dreams of things and cant tell it if actually happened, he could barely walk without tripping over his own feet. But most of all, the line between real and fantasy was blurring and Nico couldn't tell if he was awake or dreaming, most of the time. 

But somehow he managed to make it here, to the glass building where his sister was, the place that felt all too familiar to him, that he knew exactly where his sister was. Perhaps he had seen this all in a dream, and remembered it now that he was actually here? He would never know.