Chapter Four; I Lost My Shoes

~NICO~

There was light streaming in through the cave, and Nico instantly thought of getting Percy to hang up a sheet or something. That was the first thing he noticed. Nico called Percy's name, explaining how he needed. his sleep and that Percy should kindly put a sheet to protect Nico from the sun, all though that's not how he worded it.

"Percy get your butt up and put a sheet in front of the cave to protect me because the sun is an asshole and won't let me sleep."

But it soon dawned on him, after many attempts at yelling for Percy, and many minutes of waiting for the light to disappear, that Percy was gone. That was the second thing Nico noticed.

"Percy?" Nico called out, but there was no reply, "PERCY?" He screamed louder, feeling his lungs almost about to burst. But it was no use, Percy was no where to be seen.

Nico widened his search to outside the cave, checking around the creek to make sure he hadn't fallen in or anything stupid, which sounded like a Percy thing to do. But there was still no sight of Percy.

Nico was panicking a little, the thought of Percy vanishing and leaving him alone in the middle of nowhere terrified him almost more then how worried he was about Percy's actual disappearance. He didn't like the idea of living alone, the thought made Nico run around like a headless chicken searching for it's head.

In total, Nico spent around an hour looking for his friend, but it seemed as if Percy had just packed his bags and left, if that was the case, it hurt.

Nico sat down on his bed, staring intensively at what started out as Bianca's, then became Percy's.

What am I thinking? Nico thought hastily, he's only been here a day and it's already like he owns half the place.

His face immediately grew bright red, one day, he repeated, it's only been one fucking day. Infuriated with his own anger, Nico trudged to the entrance of the cave, desperate for some fresh air to calm his sudden anger towards himself.

Turning around Nico noticed there was something on Percy's bed, it looked like a screwed up piece of paper. relief washed over Nico as he walked forward, in hopes it would be a note telling him that Percy was okay.

He was in arms length of the note when a sharp pain shot from his foot up the side of Nico's left leg. He jumped back in surprise, falling back onto solid hard ground, Nico yelped at impact and made poor attempts to sooth his aching foot. Trying to inspect it further, Nico noticed there was a small trace of blood seeping from a pinpoint of a wound, the cut was deep but not deep enough to cause any horrific damage. That is, if it was a normal wound.

Arching his back in pain, he could just see the silver arrowhead glinting in the dim light, Nico scowled, of all the things to be lying on the floor Bianca left one of her stupid silver arrowheads right where Nico could stand on it, making it partly Nico's fault he'd lost his only pair of shoes three months ago.

Nico carefully inspected his injured foot once he was seated safely on top of his bed, away from any other nasty surprises.

Warm blood was seeping out through the cut even more so than before, the infected area was ink black that almost covered the entire underside of his foot. It was quite swollen but only close to where the arrowhead stabbed him, creating a soft 3D circle around the wound.

With no time to spare, Nico smeared a light coat of cream onto his foot and bandaged it all up until his foot was one huge ball of white sphere a few pink toes sticking out at the end.

It was then he noticed the silver marks running up his leg from the shock, Nico ignored them, instead he slowly stood up and made his way back towards Percy's bed, curiosity eating him from inside out, dying to know what was written inside the crumpled up piece of paper.

Nico winced as pain shot up his leg once again as he tried to put pressure onto his foot, soon realising that wasn't an option, Nico took a leap of faith across the cave towards the bed across from him.

The pain was not worth it, the unbearable pain shooting up Nico's leg, making him almost cry out in agony, all for a blank piece of paper. That was it, a blank screwed up piece of paper that had filled Nico's heart with hope of finding his cave mate. He didn't know which was worse, hoping to find something useful on the piece of paper in which there wasn't, or the antagonising pain that continuously pumped up his leg.

It was just one of Bianca's stupid arrowheads thats all it was, yet because it was made out of bloody silver made all the difference didn't it? Nico was in deep in thought, he stared at the wall of the cave for a long amount of time. As much as he would like to take credit for finding the cave, it was Bianca who had gone through the struggle of finding a place we could call home.

It was a strange place he had to admit. The cave walls were a dark grey, not smooth, but rocky and rough, but Nico didn't mind that.

The cave itself was a hook shape, the hearth being around the corner at the tip of the hook. Two beds were on each side of the cave and were pressed up against the cave wall. Nico frowned, the thing he was sitting on was hardly a bed, just a mattress, blanket and pillow. He'd no idea where Bianca managed to get a hold of these things, probably from the pack.

Nico yelped in fright when a husky voice corrupted him from his thoughts.

"Hey."