Chapter Seven; Old Houses and Red Eyes

~PERCY~

Percy sprinted like his life depended on it, and quite frankly, it probably was. He had no idea what Hazel or any of the other vampires had in store for him if they ever caught up. Frowning, Percy glanced behind him, and to his surprise, no one was behind him. Not Annabeth, not Jason, not Hazel. It was just bare track. 

All of a sudden Percy smashed forward and face planted into a hard patch of roots and branches, moaning in pain, he noticed a rather large root sticking out of the ground where he'd just been running, the one he'd obviously just tripped over.

He really should've slowed down a bit before glancing back, Percy thought in annoyance, he looked down at his legs to see a few bruises forming and he could just make out rather large graze in the darkness.

It stung at the touch, and when percy pulled his fingers back there was a thin smear of blood coating his fingers. 

It was almost dawn and Percy only had minutes until the sun would rise and spots of sunlight would make its way through the trees, and Percy was in no mood to find out what happened when a vampire got burnt. So instead he tuned out the pain on his face and legs as best he could and paved himself at a small jog to start out with, slowly picking it up into a faster run. 

He had no idea where he was going, but he'd made a few distinctive landmarks on Percy's trip to the vampires lair. 

Vampires lair. Percy thought bitterly, making note of a bright purple flower. So thats what its called now? 

The sun had almost risen by the time Percy had made his way to Nicos cave, tracking and back tracking more often than he would like to admit, but he would admit that he got there just in time, but Nico didnt seem to think so. 

"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME!" Nico screeched when Percy entered the cave, collapsing onto his bed. Nico sighed and mentally calmed himself before talking. He obviously hadn't physically calmed himself as he still looked like he wanted to tear Percy limb from limb. 

"I was looking for food, fell down a hole and knocked myself out, by the time i woke up it was around dawn and it took me a while to find my way back." Percy muttered, checking his few wounds. He had a few grazes just on his leg, so nothing to bad. Percy then turned his attention to Nico whom had a blank expression on his face. 

"You knocked yourself out?" Nico said through a stifled laughter. "No wonder your face looks like that." 

Percy rolled his eyes as Nico chuckled, he lightly touched his face and felt a lump where he'd hit his head. Shut up." 

"I still can't believe you knocked yourself out while looking for berries!" Nico howled with laughed, falling on his back onto the bed. 

Percy growled, looking at his annoying and pathetic friend, how his face was screwed up in fits of laughter. Percy's eyes drooped down and he noticed silver marks running down Nico's leg leading to his bandaged foot. 

"What happened?" Percy asked, Nico's face went slack when he realised Percy was talking about his foot. 

"Bianca had left one of her silver arrowheads lying on the floor." Nico replied bluntly, "I stepped on it." 

Percy laughed dryly, "look who's laughing now." 

"Shut up, its no where near as bad as yours." 

Percy stood up and walked over to Nicos bed, sitting down next to him, he gestured for Nico to lift up his foot onto Percy's lap, at first he looked pretty pissed off, but he did it nether less. Flinching slightly when percy took off the bandage.

The sight was awful, and that was an understatement. His foot had entirely swollen up, splotches of back and silver mixed around the underside of the foot, but Percy could clearly make out where the arrowhead had poked him as there was a small patch that was more elevated, not to mention the small white circle around the small pin prick of a hole. 

"Ugh thats one hell if an ugly wound." Percy made disgusted faces, double chins and all.

Nico would've probably kicked Percy had his foot not been so sore, "Silver is deadly to werewolves you bloody bone head."

"Yeah yeah I know that." Percy hushed. Brushing his finger tips over the wound, he knew nothing about wounds and how to treat them. But to his surprise, the wound started to deflate and clear up in a matter of seconds, until there was just a faint sight of black and still quite swollen. Percy frowned and softly place his hand on top of the wound, he felt his fingers tingle as the wound deflated even more until Nicos foot return to normal size.

Nico was oblivious to the scene, and once the wound was almost completely gone except a small red dot, Percy checked Nico over only to find out he was asleep, so he kissed him on the forehead and said goodnight, before returning to his own bed. 

That night Percy thought of telling Nico his secret, sooner or later his red eyes would come through like Annabeth had said and Nico would find out anyway. 

But then he remembered Nico telling him about were wolves and vampires, how they shared a strong hate towards each other, and he thought it was best it to stay secret for the time being. But he still couldn't get it off his mind, and that night Percy dreamed of old houses and red eyes.