Chapter Two; A New Friend

~PERCY~

Percy screamed and flung away from his Mother. He couldn't bear it, seeing her with a face so pale and skin cold as ice.

Tears spilled freely from Percy's eyes, he was never getting outta here, never going back.

A boy with ink black hair and dark sunken eyes stumbled out of the bushes, Percy suppressed another scream.

A girl who looked similar to the boy stepped out after him, she looked a few years older. And they both wore black clothes.

"Who-" Percy started but got cut off by the girl.

"What the hell Nico?" The girl shouted at the boy-Nico-who stood awkwardly beside the crushed car.

"This was where they said the herd was!" Nico protested,

"Well, we obviously took the wrong route," the girl mumbled, then eyed Percy suspiciously. As if he were a good meal.

"We could just use him," she said quietly, but Percy heard her perfectly,

"I haven't had a human in weeks," Nico moaned, clutching his stomach.

"Well, then, lets eat him."

"What! Eat me! You don't want to do that!" Percy stumbled back a few paces, taken back just by the thought of it, who were these people? If that's what they even were. 

"Why not?"

"Look at me," Percy said lifting up his shirt with a shaky hand and gestured his stomach. "Skin and bones right here!"

"You have to be kidding me," the girl murmured, turning her back on both boys.

"Unless you like to chew on splintered bones I suggest you target someone else!"

"That's it!" The girl said, charging forward to attack, Percy screamed a very girl like scream and start to run. If it weren't for Nico, who pulled what Percy thought was his sister away, Percy would have been lunch to that girl.

"What!" The girl snapped,

"Bianca calm down." Nico soothed, the girl-Bianca-sighed deeply and turned to face her younger brother.

"What are you suggesting? Nico? Save him?" Bianca shouted.

"We can't just eat him here, the pack will find out that we didn't bring him to them." Nico paused, Bianca glared daggers at the boy.

"We're better off just to eat him here," Bianca growled, when Nico didn't reply she sighed heavily, taking his hint.

"Your choice," Bianca said, then walked back into the bushes. "I hope you haven't grown soft."

Nico looked at the boy with envy. Bianca had walked off leaving him stuck with this, boy.

Why Nico hadn't wanted to kill him was a mystery to himself. He should've let Bianca kill him, but something screamed no.

Nico slowly started to shake that thought off and introduced himself to the boy.

"Hi I'm Nico," He grumbled,

"Percy." The boy-Percy-said. "So are you a cannibal or something?"

"Werewolf." Nico sighed. Percy's eye's widened as Nico started to walk into the bushes.

"Wait up!" Percy called out, running to catch up to Nico.

"What." Nico turned around and snapped,

"W..Well," Percy stuttered, "aren't you going to help me? If you hadn't noticed my car just crashed and my Mum...died." Nico stared whilst Percy took a step back, his eyes widening as he fully realised what had happened, like he couldn't ever have imagined those words coming out of his mouth.