3.See What I See

After my dad stop yelling I went up to my room and just sat there in my bed. What he said hurt my feelings a lot, but I'm not the type of girl who just cries over everything. I just laid there thinking. I was going to talk to my dad, but I needed to give him time to cool off.

I know he didn't mean everything he said. He meant the thing about Chris not being able to come over here completely, but not the name calling. I know he didn't it was just the heat of the moment mixed in with all the built up frustration. That didn't change the fact that they hurt. My parents discipline my sister and I when we need it, but I'm still not use to him yelling at me. I'm a daddy's girl and if he shouts me name to loud it makes me sad. He knows this, and the fact that he kept yelling hurt a lot. I don't even agree with the fact that I was being yelled at anyways. Chris kissed my cheek. He didn't grab my ass or shove his tongue down my throat. It was just a kiss. I'm not pregnant, I don't have any diseases, and I still have my innocence. Even though he was blowing what happened completely out of proportion, I understand where he's coming from. Religion is extremely big in our house, and I just blatantly broke an important rule that consists of it. The fact that I didn't know that he was going to kiss me doesn't matter. I still participated in it, so it counts as me breaking a rule.

I just needed to talk to him. Once he feels like he's been disrespected it's extremely hard to talk to him. Chris kissing me defiantly made him feel disrespected. He's extremely protective. If I told him about how Chris and I were dating I don't even know what he'll do. Even if Chris would have went about it the way my father would have like, which is having Chris come ask my father to date me he would still flip out. He doesn't trust anyone who isn't Jewish now. Especially Chris. When we moved here my mom had to talk him into allowing us to be friends. Chris's story isn't something my father agree with. He doesn't agree with any of it actually. Every part of it he doesn't like.

Even though I'm my father's child, we're completely different. I'm not like my mother either. She thinks Chris is a sweet person, but the way she looks at him sometimes makes me feel like deep down inside she's not as comfortable with the situation as she says.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my sister Yona call me down to dinner. She's not my real sister, but were just as close. She was my mom's friend's daughter. She lost her real parents in the camp, and our parents had a deal. If something happened to them my parent's would take her, and vise versa. We don't look alike at all, but she could pass for my mothers daughter. They act alike too. Yona will listen when I talk about Chris, but I can tell she doesn't like him.

I went down stairs to the table and sat in front of Yona, while my parents sat on the ends. I felt Yona and my mom's eyes looking at me, but I just looked down. I knew they heard him yelling at me, but them just like me didn't know if it was they right time to bring it up. After we blessed the food I started to eat. I took a glance up from my plate to look at them, and my mom and Yona both started to mouth and drop hints to talk to my father. Then I turned towards him, and he wan't paying me any mind. I took some deep breathes and exhaled before talking.

"Dad, Are you still mad at me?" I asked him lowly. He didn't answer me. He just ignored my question and continued eating his food. This is what I mean when I say it's hard to talk to him. He always does this. If it's something that he doesn't want to talk about, he won't talk about it.

I shrugged off him ignoring me and continued eating my food. If he doesn't want to talk about it we don't have to. I guess he needs more time to cool off. I understand that he was upset, but his entire way of going about this irritates me.

"Gabriel, Adina asked you a question." My mom said as she looked up smiling at me. She was trying to help, but I didn't want her too. He heard me when I asked, he was just being stubborn. I looked at him to see if he was going to acknowledge what my mom said.