Mischief Not So Managed

Mal's POV

New day, new start. Hogwarts was amazing so far, and this week had flown by so incredibly fast. It was the weekend and I had little to no worries.

Jasmine, West, and I had all bonded over Quidditch. I liked the game and all but I don't think that it was quite my thing. West was determined to be a chaser. Jasmine had hopes for the seeker position.

They both claimed that I would be a excellent keeper. It was honestly my favorite position to play anyway, but I don't think that I was cut out for it.

Besides, we were all first years so we could try out even if we wanted to. And let me tell you, some kids were dying because they couldn't. (A.K.A. James)

It didn't help that that's all I heard about from him either. Luckily for me, Lily yelled at him to go away. He left but he stared at her from his seat.

The two or them would actually make a cute couple, maybe when we're all older. Remus asked that I spent Saturday morning with him in the library.

Lily insisted that it was a date since it was just the two of us, but I quickly shut her up when I claimed that we were going to the library and the librarian would be there, and let face it, it would be pretty creepy to have a librarian observing your date.

He surprised me and waited by the door. He even held it open for me and pulled out for me like a gentleman. Whoever raised this boy, they knew what they were doing let me tell you that.

"You still haven't told me when you might return your book so I can read it." I teased since I saw him reading it.

He looked up from whatever page he was on and gave me a curious look.
"You're actually interested in werewolves?" He asked seeming nervous. I don't know why but he always was whenever this topic came up.

My theory was that someone who he was close to was one. That was the only explanation I could come up with. It was either that or he was a werewolf himself.

That other theory seem more far fetched, so I decided to go with the first one.

"Yes, and it would seem that you are too considering you're reading a book over them."

"Uh. I-I guess so-o. I-It's always uh- been a-a good t-topic."

"Remus? Are you okay?" I asked concerned now. "It's okay if you know someone who is one. It wouldn't bother me even if you were one. I don't see them like they're viewed. Evil isn't born or created like that, it's made with feelings of hatred."

I saw slight awe in his eyes. "You really mean that? Like for real?"

"Yes! Stop acting so nervous. If anything I would love to say I knew a werewolf! And I don't know why you're so nervous but we will always be friends no matter what!"

He just let his nervousness go and nodded as he sank back into his seat. We read and talked about a couple of book that we liked.

I told him about some of my favorite muggle book. I didn't mention that they were from the bookshelf in the orphanage.

He was pretty interested in 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and I told him I'd try to bring him a copy later. He said he'd pick out a book for me too.

It's was all nice until his friends decided to stop by. I'm kinda surprised that they knew where the library even was.

"Mel!" James shouted as he tossed his arms around me. The book that I was once reading was now laying flat closed on the floor.

I glared at him. I didn't even know what page I was on! He must've noticed what he did because he gave me a small sheepish look before walking over to stand by Remus who was trying to hold in his laughter.