Winter Wonderland

Mel's POV

The month was flying by fast and it was nearing the end of December already. So far, I've had fun with my friends, impressed teachers with my knowledge, gotten detention for things I did and didn't do, and had a good time.

Tomorrow, kids were heading home for the holidays. Unfortunately, that meant back to the orphanage for me. I didn't have to go back since they offer it to kids to stay here for the holidays.

But I didn't want anyone asking questions. I think Remus suspected something but hasn't questioned me just yet, and I planned to keep it that way by not giving him anything to question.

I didn't have an owl but Jas said I could take care of hers over the holidays since her family was going on vacation and she didn't want to take her owl.

That solved my issue on how deliver my friends presents to them. I didn't have a lot to give but I knew I had enough cash to buy Remus his book and buy the other boys their muggle candy. The candy was cheap and an easy gift to go for.

As for Lily, Sev, West, and Jas, I planned to work extra hours at the bookstore and look at the shops with discounts for their presents.

Professor Dumbledore, the Headmaster of Hogwarts, knew of my situation and planned for one of the orphanage helpers to pick me up.

(The Next Day)~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat with Lily, Sev, West, and Jasmine in a compartment on the ride home. Lily and Jasmine chatted, while Sev read his potions book, and West read his History book.

I sat bored messing with my bracelet on my wrist, when there was a sudden knock on our compartment door.

"Come in!" Lily called nicely. The door opened to reveal a messy-haired James.

"Evans!" He grinned. "I didn't know you'd be here, otherwise I would've cleaned up a bit!" He claimed as he ruffled his hair, messing it up more.

She scoffed. "What are you doing here James? Knocking on random compartments to mess with people, are you now?"

"I'll have you know that this was the first compartment I knocked on! It just so happen to be luck that you were here. Who knows? Maybe this is Fate's way of saying we're meant to be together?" He offered.

"As if!" Lily yelled turning red. With anger or embarrassment, I don't know, but she was red either way. "Get out!"

"Okay! Okay! I just came to steal Mel away from you!" He claimed holding his hands up in defense.

I'm not exactly sure what he wanted but I was bored out of my mind and was in desperate need of entertainment.

I stood up, walked out, and waited for James to close the door to tell me what he needed.

"So?" I questioned.

He grinned. "So. I need ask an important question that may change your life forever!"

"And that is...?"

"I needed to know if it would be okay with your parents if you came over to my house for our Christmas party that my mom throws every year. She said she wanted to meet all of my new friends. I think she may be a little disappointed if I don't bring at least one girl to the party...So. Can you come?" He asked.