The Kitchen

Mel's POV

Can I just start by saying that detention sucks? Sitting around for hours on end doing absolutely nothing is the worst kind of punishment.

It's basically a mini preview into what jail is like. Whoever invented it can go step on a Lego. It's a dark day when someone had to inflict that kind of pain on a person.

I had my chin sitting on my desk as I tapped the surface with my fingers. I had been in here for about an hour and a half now and still had thirty minutes to go.

The boys had managed to get themselves detention too so they were here too, sharing my pain.

All of the sudden, a paper ball smacked me in the back on the head. I turned to see Sirius who mouthed something to me. I gave him a confused look as if to ask him what he was saying.

He rolled his eyes and pointed towards the front. I glanced that way to see the professor who's name I could never remember was snoring soundly at his desk.

I grinned amused and looked back at him. He slowly got up for his desk and quietly made his way towards me.

"Wanna ditch with me?" He whispered. "Remus, James, and Peter won't and there's no way I'm staying here for another thirty minutes."

I glanced back at the professor for a second. What if he woke while we were gone? I shook the thought off. I wasn't going to stay here either.

"Yeah." I whispered back. "Let's ditch this and go get food."

We both stood back up and tiptoed our way to the door. I saw Remus giving the both of us a disapproving look before we walked out.

Sirius and I managed to make our way it to the corridor before I stopped. "Wait. How do we even get to the kitchens?" I asked.

He stopped and turned back to me. "I thought you knew. You were the one who suggested food. I have no idea." He shrugged.

I groaned in disappointment when it hit me. "I think I know someone who can help.." I trailed off in thought.

"Well then! Let's go!" Sirius claimed, snapping me out of my thoughts:

I ran to a place I figured she would be. I glanced around the Quidditch field and spotted her. Bingo.

I ran towards her dragging Sirius behind me. "Hope!" I shouted, gaining her attention.

She looked up at the call of her name and looked for who had said it, then she noticed me. To say she looked surprised would be an understatement.

I'm guessing that Jett did not inform her of our conversation. "Hey." I greeted, slightly out of breath.

"Melody. Hey, how are you?" She said, still looking surprised.

"I'm alright, but that's not what I'm here for. I'm on a mission with my side kick here." I said, jerking my thumb in Sirius direction.

"I'm not your sidekick. If anything, you're my sidekick." He scoffed.

"Do you want food?" I scolded him.

" Do you need something?" Hope asked gently.

"Yes! Right. We need to know how to get to and in the kitchen. We are in dire need of food. Sirius hasn't eaten in days!" I claimed as dramatically as I could.

A small smile slipped onto her face as she nodded. "Easy, the kitchen is directly under the Great Hall. In the corridor outside, you will find a painting of a bowl of fruit. You tickle the pear, it will squirm, laugh, and then transform into a green door-knob which will reveal the doorway."