Chapter Seven

"Harley! Put that down!" An angry voice yelled. An angry, familiar, voice yelled.

The crossbow dropped from Amelia's line of sight and she looked up to see who was holding it. She felt like she should know who he was, but she couldn't place him. Spinning, she turned and saw Danny, her neighbor.

"Amelia," Danny's eyes flashed, "oh my God."

"Danny," Amelia whimpered and tears welled in her eyes as she realized just how happy she was to see someone she cared about alive.

They both ran to each other and hugged.

"Hey!" Danny called over Amelia's shoulder, "Guys! Come quick!"

Amelia pulled back to look at Danny. His brown eyes were tear-filled as well. "Who else is here?" She asked.

"You'll see," Danny smirked.

Then, a bunch of people ran around the corner.

Danny released Amelia and she was intantly thrown to the floor. People were calling her name and Rachael's name and Lindsey's name and everyone was crying. Out of the jumbled mess of bodies, Amelia was able to pick out Danny's sister, Mary, and Cameryn. Amelia felt tears flowing down her face even faster.

When she was able to get up, she was instantly pulled into a tight hug. Her face smashed against someone's muscled chest, and when she was able to pull back and see who it was, she found herself looking into the blue eyes of her best friend.

"Bill," she cried, pulling him back in. He laid his head ontop of hers and squeezed her tightly, lifting her feet slightly off the ground.

"I was so worried about you," he choked out.

"I missed you so much," Amelia cried back.

As son as Bill let her go, someone else pulled her in tight. 

"Oh God Amy, I thought we lost you."

Amelia recognized the boy's voice and nodded, "I thought we lost you too, Alex."

After she hugged a few more people, everyone moved into the living room and sat in a circle.

Amelia sat down next to Bill and Mary.