Chapter 2~Dessert and Driving

As I go through the motions of baking, all I can think of was the black and red 2.4 MILLION dollar car I get to ride in later. I decided to make chocolate cookies with marshmallow, chocolate-chips, and pecans; three cakes, one chocolate for the guys, one chocolate for Aidan, and one red velvet cake with black fondant that I steam to a glossy finish so it looks like the Bugatti. After that, I still have two hours till I have to take a shower, dress, and make dinner. So, to take up time, I decide to make a few pies; a lemon meringue, 2 cherry, a blueberry, and a French silk, the boys will love me! Then, I get dressed in my new hot pink skinny jeans, a black jeweled tank, and silver ballet flats and get to work on dinner.

All six of the guys walk in five minutes before five o’clock, dinner time. So I yell, “That table better be set when I bring the food in or no dessert! I made cookies, two cakes, and four kinds of pie so get to work!” Yes, I do have that kind of control.

“Will do, birthday girl,” Aidan replies. Then I hear, “Happy Birthday!”, “Happy B-Day!”, “Congrats, 16!”, and “Happy Birthday!” They say it at the same time.

“Dinner is ready!” I say as I walk into the dining room holding the meal. The guys all cheer and dig in.

A half an hour later, after everyone has finished dinner, I say, “So, what do you guys want for dessert? Like I said before, we have; my new cookies, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, lemon meringue, blueberry, cherry, and French silk pie. Aidan I have a surprise for you.” As the guys mumble what they want, I realize that I should just bring all of it in, so that’s what I do. After four trips to the kitchen, all of the dessert was on the table.

“Where is my surprise?” Aidan asked.

“Where is mine?” I respond, cheekily.

“Right here,” he said as he hands me a small, wrapped box. As I open it, four other presents enter my view. Once the paper is off, I see a small jeweler's box, quickly I open it to reveal a beautiful silver and Amethyst ring. The other gifts I get are a gift card to Claire’s from Fred, the One Direction CD from Jared, earrings from Luke, and perfume from Tom.

I get up and hug them all, hugging Aidan the longest, then I almost run to the kitchen and get out Aidan’s cake and bring it into the dining room, setting it in front of Aidan, whose eyes grow to the size of saucers. He quickly looks up and pecked me on the cheek. As he does so, everyone freezes; did he actually just do that?What was going on? He must have realized what he did; he mumbled, “Sorry.”

“You must really love my chocolate cake!” I tease, trying to ease the tension that is so very evident in the air.

“I do, I truly do.”

“Can I have my ride now? Please, I’ve been waiting all day to do so and I really want to!” I asked eagerly.

“Umm, sure why not? Where do you want to go?” Aidan asks, almost nervously, but I brush it aside.

“Let’s go get some ice-cream, I’ll buy!” I near scream in delight.

“Ok, cool.” He says as he motioned for me to follow him. He walked out to the car silently. As he approaches the car, he stops by the passenger door and opens it, waiting for me to get in; he is such a gentleman.

“So, how fast have you gone in this thing?” I asked truly interested. He was the owner of a 2010 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, the most expensive car in the world. “It does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, did you know that? And, in the 2010 testing, it went, at its fastest, 267 miles-per-hour.” I start to ramble. “Your Audi’s oil really should be changed more often than your mechanic changes it. You know, if you want I can change it for you. Your mechanic should use better oil filters also, you have to be careful with oil because the Audi’s engine is fragile. Just the smallest amount of bad oil can blow an engine. If you want, I can show you the proper filter to use and you can then talk to your mechanic. Of course, if you want, I can just change it for you.”

“Wow, umm, I’ll have to look into that. Did this really reach 267 mile-per-hour? Wow, and a 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, that’s just amazing. How do you know all of this?” Aidan asks, a little thrown by my knowledge on cars.

“Well, I spent last summer working in the Mercedes dealership repair shop and I learned a lot, I also learned I had an interest in cars. So I keep up with things like that. Did you know that this model of Veyron is actually the most expensive car in the world? At a dealership, they are $2,400,000.” At this he threw me a shocked look.

“This is really worth 2.4 million dollars?” Aidan asks timidly. I only nod. “Wow.” At that moment we get to the ice-cream parlor and before we get out, the car was surrounded by people thinking that it was a celebrity. As we get out the crowd seemed disappointed and dispersed as we went into the ice-cream parlor. When we enter, Aidan looked at me and says, “I’m buying so get whatever you want.”

“Thanks, you don’t need to do that, I’m getting enough out of this because you let me ride in the Veyron. Thank you for that, by the way.” I respond, looking away, suddenly shy.

“You’re welcome. So, what are you getting?”

“Umm… I think I will get a Bear Tracks and Caramel Cashew single scope in a waffle cone. What are you getting?”

“I think I’ll get superman in a waffle cone. I’ll go get it, why don’t you go find us a table.”

“Ok, sure.” With that, he turned and walked up to the counter. As I look around, I see a booth that is in the back corner of room; I walk over to it and sit down.

Why did he bring his Veyron today, is he trying to impress a girl? I think to myself, and then I see Aidan walking over. As he sits down, I ask, “So, why did you drive the Veyron today? Trying to impress a girl?” he nods as I he hands me my ice cream, “Did it work?”

“Well, that’s difficult to answer, because to do so, I have to ask you a question.” He answers, nervously studying his ice-cream.

“Shoot.” Now I'm interested, Aidan is never nervous.

“Well… umm… will you… I was wondering… would you umm…” he seems at a loss for words.

“Spit it out!” I giggle.

“Willyougooutwithme?” He says so fast I don’t catch it all.

“What?” I ask confused.

“Umm… Will you go out with me?” He asks again, but slower this time, still studying his ice cream.

“OMG!!! Yes, I would love to! Wait, why are you asking me? You could have any girl you want? And does Brandon know? Why are you asking me now?” I ramble.

“Well, first, you are amazing; you are a girly-girl, yet can beat any of the guys at poker, while doing your nails, and you know more about cars than the six of us combined, everyone likes you, you are sweet and caring yet devious as all get out, you are confident, and you are smart. Second, I know and I want you. Third, Brandon does know, and he is fine with it. And finally, I’m asking you now because I asked your mom for her blessing and she said I had to wait until you are 16, so I did wait, and today you are 16! So, now that that is cleared up, will you go out with me?”

“I would love to! So, is this our first date?” I was so happy!

“I believe it is! Are you ready to go? We can’t leave the guys alone too long or there may not be any food left!” I nod, laughing “Ok, so let’s go.”