Chapter 5~ Confessions and Cocktail Dresses

After about an hour of arguing with the boys on who wears what, they’re all dressed and their hair is done. Glancing at the clock, I see that it’s almost 6 o’clock, so I run up stairs. As I pull off my day clothes, I hear a knock at my door. I’m still wearing my sports bra and gym shorts, so I go and open the door. I’m slightly shocked to see Jared standing there, but I wave him in anyway.

“Hey, Jared. What’s up?” I greet him, closing the door behind him. It wasn’t unusual for the boys to see me like this, and since he came up here now, it was something private. I start on my make-up, figuring I would be productive while we talk.

“Um...” He mumbles, nervously, fidgeting with his shirt as he paces around my room.

“Sit down, bro.” I say, softly. “You know you can tell me anything. Nothing has changed.” I reassure. This seems to calm him down.

Taking a seat in my beanbag chair, he takes a deep breathe. “I’ve been trying to figure something out for a while, and about a month ago, it dawned on me.” His voice is quiet.

I nod, showing that I’m listening as I fix up my foundation.

“Well, uh,” I can see him glancing around nervously. “I like guys.” He whispers. I finish up my eyeliner and turn to look at him. Jared looks almost as if he had just released a thousand pounds off of his shoulders.

Smiling to myself, I walk over to him and sit on his lap. “Good for you. Just don’t steal my man!” I tease, kissing his nose. He looks at me in shock. “What? Did you expect me to throw a hissy fit? Start spewing nonsense about how it’s wrong? Whatever, you’re Jared, and you’re like a brother to me. I just get to talk guys with you now!”

He rolls his eyes, chuckling. “Damn I love you, Dom.” I smile, kiss his nose one last time before standing up and walking to my closet.

“Since you’re gay, does that mean I can change in front of you now?” I ask, grabbing the dress I had bought earlier. It was a beautiful pink, with an embellished waistline. Ruffles everywhere. (pic on side)

“Go for it, just don’t let Brandon or Aiden beat me up if they find out?” He teases. I nod, slipping my sports bra off and putting on a strapless bra. I then change my underwear and step into my dress.

“Jared, can you zip me up?” I ask, looking down at the two pair of shoes I had picked out to go with the dress. I feel his presence behind me, and his fingers as they zip the dress up.

“Go with the black ones.” He says, going over to my earrings, “Wear these too.”

“Ok, but how do you know all of this?” I ask, looking at him. I never really got into the stereotypes of gay men.

“When I have you for a friend, you pick stuff up.” Jared rolls his eyes.

I roll my eyes, “I guess... I don’t know how to do my hair.” I pout, looking at it in the mirror.

He chuckles, “Go with a messy bun, it’ll keep the hair out of Aiden’s face when you dance, and it looks cute.” I do as he says, chuckling when it’s true. Grabbing my phone, I walk to the door.

“Ready, my dear?” I ask, holding my hand out to him. He takes it. “I never did ask you, there anyone who has caught your eye?”

He blushes, “Well, you have all the hot ones in your black book, so as of right now, I’m not interested.” He teases, nudging shoulders with me.

“True, true. As long as you keep your paws off my baby, you can have anyone else.” I wink, reaching the bottom of the stairs. Seeing none of the other boys, I yell, “We’re leaving for dinner in 5 minutes. Get your butts to the cars before I decide not to pay!”

As the stampede of teenage boys gather around me, I realize I’m still holding Jared’s hand. I think nothing of it until I notice Aiden’s glare.

“You look beautiful, babe,” He says, clearly displeased with the contact.

I roll my eyes, “Don’t get your panties in a bunch. It’s not like Jared and I would do anything.”

Both Aiden and Brandon cross their arms, “Dominique, he is a guy, you are attractive, don’t be naive.” Brandon states.

Jared looks at me and we burst out laughing. As he catches his breath, Jared looks at his friend, “Dude, I’m gay. Never will I want to do anything with your sister.”