Chapter 3~ Money and Matchmaking

When we get back to the house, I yell to the boys, “We’re back! If you want to be relieved of your money, and eat more food; be in the dining room in 5 minutes with your money!” Aidan looks at me and chuckles,

“You are truly amazing,” I blush at this and walk toward the kitchen to make lemonade and grab chips. Then I take these things to the dining room where I see all of the boys sitting, waiting for me.

“Good boys, now what’s buy-in?” I ask, looking for a chair. Then I realize there isn’t one, so I go and sit on Tom.

“Hey! Why did you pick me?” Tom whines.

“Because I felt like it, do you have a problem with it?” I ask looking at him with an innocent look on my face.

“No, but now I can’t play, because you can see my cards!” he whines.

“Dom, you can sit by me, I don’t want to lose my money to you anyway.” Aidan says.

“Ok,” I say, getting up and walking over to him. “I’ll split my earning with you.” He just smiles. When I get within reaching distance, he grabs my waist and pulls me onto his lap. I giggle, “So, what’s buy-in? And, boys, I don’t want anything other than cash! No stupid hats, or watches... Jared, your hat is in the hall closet, I want it gone.”

“Buy-in is $50.” Brandon responds.

“I’ll pay for you, what do you need tonight, one hundred? Maybe two?” Aidan whispers into my ear.

“Thanks, two at most.” He hands me a few fifties, and with that, we start playing.

About two hours later, I've earned about a thousand dollars, the boys start talking about girls.

“Hey, Dom, you still open to helping us, because there's this girl I like, and I have tickets to this concert, so… you up to it?” Fred asks.

“When's the concert?” I ask, uninterested. I’ve been helping the boys get dates for years, I have just recently started charging for it, “It’s twenty dollars, I play next poker night, and, smart one, I need her name!”

“Two weeks, $16, only if you have a few friends play with us, and Rachael Smith, she is a sophomore.”

“Deal, I’ll get the seven of us invited to a party that she is invited to. I’ll pick your outfits out to, because none of you know how to dress.”

“Have I ever told you I love you? Well, I do! You are amazing! But, wait, 7? Why do you all have to come?”

“Because, I have to go, Brandon does to so I can be out past 11, Aidan is coming because I will force him and the rest of them because success is the best advertisement.” I explain.

“Why are you forcing Aidan to come?” Luke asks. I look up at Aidan, asking a silent question. He must have understood because he leaned down and kissed me, it was short, sweet, and put the point a crossed. All of the guys gasped and froze again, just like they did before.

“Because she wants to take her boyfriend,” Aidan answered for me. I nod and lay my head against his chest. As I glance around the room, I see that Brandon still looks shocked.

“Brandon, are you really that surprised? It’s not like you didn’t see this coming, maybe not Aidan, but one of these idiots nonetheless. I’ve known them since I was like three; they are over at least three times a week; they've come to every one of my birthday parties; and I know them as well as I know you. I just figured it would happen in like five years or something, if ever.” I explain to Brandon.

“You know, she is right. We do spend a lot of time around here, and she knows more about me than most of my past girlfriends combined.” Jared offers. This snaps Brandon out of his trance.