Test Tube (Bruce)

Your little finger stumbles into a cool glass casing so you lift your hand out giggling. Sitting on your pinky finger is an upside down test tube. You're too busy giggling at the fact you got your little finger stuck in a test tube that you don't realise that that's what it is. A test tube! When you realise, you instantly think 'Bruce'. You glance at Bruce who is shifting awkwardly on his chair, eyes fixed on your pinky.
"Brucie!" Tony cheers. You walk over to the closet as Bruce follows cautiously behind. Tony pushes you both in, slamming the door behind you.

You can practically feel Bruce's nervousness and you feel really sorry for him.
"Hey, Bruce. Are you okay?" You ask. The lighting is very dim, but you can see the slight glistening of sweat across his forehead.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine." He replies quickly. You feel across the wall for the light switch and flick it on. Nothing.
"That son of a-" you trail off.
"He remove the bulb?" Bruce asks.
"Yeah." You sigh, lowering your back down the wall until you're sitting on the floor. Bruce follows suit and sits on the opposite side of the closet floor.

The room is not that big so your feet are side by side, and you nudge a foot into his to grab his attention. "How's that chemical bonds stuff coming along?" You ask, trying to get him to relax.
"Oh.. great, actually." He seems shocked that you just want to chat normally and gets a little ahead of himself. "You know, the bonds are caused by an electrostatic force. That's when there's an attraction between opposite forces.. So like, between electrons and nuclei."

You smile at him, happy that he's talking, but a little confused about what the hell he's saying.
"I'm sorry." He mutters. "I guess I went off on a tangent there."
"No, no! It's fine! I like it when you talk science." You laugh, trying to encourage him.
He laughs nervously before trying to change the subject.
"What about you, what've you been doing lately?" He asks.
"Not much, just the usual, training, trying to stop Loki from killing everyone, trying not to kill Tony myself." You chuckle.
Bruce laughs too. "What's he been doing this time?" He asks.
"He wants to find out who it is that I like. He found out I like a fellow avenger and won't shut up about it." You speak freely and then realise how much of an idiot you are. It's Bruce! That's who you like, and you pretty much would have to admit that to him now.

"Yeah, that's the problem with Tony. I'd never let him in on information like that." Bruce agrees. "So who's the lucky guy?" He asks, making eye contact with you for a split second before looking down at his hands folded in his lap.
"Do you like anyone?" You blurt in hope of changing the subject.
"Oh, umm." Bruce stutters and blushes. "I-I asked you first."
You sigh, and decide maybe it won't harm to tell him.
"Don't freak out." You warn, and he tenses slightly as if he is bracing himself. "But, it's you."

He lets out a breath he wasn't even aware he was holding and for the first time locks eye contact with you for more than 5 seconds.
"M-me?" He asks, dumbfounded.
You nod to him and he makes a victorious laugh sound. "I- um, I like you too?" It sounds like a question due to how nervous he is.
"Can I try something crazy?" You ask.
"Uh.. Sure.." He spoke, although he sounded anything but sure.
You sit up, and crawl over to Bruce's side of the closet. He sits up straight, crossing his legs, and you kneel in front of him.

You slowly lean towards him, making your intentions clear incase he wished to push you away. Instead, he completely freezes. Your lips gently brush against his in a brief sweet kiss, and you pull back quickly. However, as you are retreating you feel Bruce's large hand on your cheek. Your eyes shoot up to see Bruce urgently moving back toward you, crashing his lips onto yours. His kiss is a lot more needy and he almost pushes you off balance. To keep yourself steady, your hands grasp his shoulders, which then move to his neck, ultimately ending up wrapped in his hair.

Suddenly Bruce pulls back, breathless. His eyes look desperate and he looks.. scared.
"We need to stop." He speaks. "I-I'll.. It's the Other Guy." He hangs his head down. "I'm sorry."
You gently run your thumb over his cheek, tilting his head up so that he's looking at you.
"It's okay, Bruce." You smile.
Instead, he pulls you into his lap, embracing you in an almighty hug. You bury your head into his chest and sigh in content. "For the record, I do trust you.. and I'm not afraid of you."
Bruce simply hugs you tighter.

You sit like that for the remainder of you time and when Tony opens the door you are both standing waiting. He's clearly disappointed to seeing you both so composed.
"Dammit, did Hulk not smash?" Tony grins.
You scoff at him, but a red blush coats both your and Bruce's cheeks. The rest of the night is spent with you and Bruce giving each other flirty glances.