Playing with Fire- Chapter Two

Alright, here is chapter two of Playing with Fire. Hopefully you guys will understand more with this, and maybe you won't get bored because there should be some actual action in this chapter. Plus some interaction with the other Dragon Masters. So anyway, enjoy the story!

________________________________________________________________________________

Thwack! The practice sword made an ugly sound as it hit the side of Lee Derran's brown head. I took advantage of his brief surprise to drop to a crouch and sweep his legs out from under him. He grunted as his back made contact with the hard wooden floor.

"Point Reiara," Trainer Entille said. I stepped away from the fight and pulled the thick black blindfold off of my eyes. Lee did the same, glaring at me from his sprawled position on the floor. I raised one thin black eyebrow, inciting a laugh from Hayden.

"Master Lee," Trainer Entille began, facing him and bowing his head, as was customary. "You need to expand your consciousness to sense the actions of your adversary. You cannot rely on only your sight, for sometimes it will be taken from you." Lee sneered. "Master Reiara, congratulations. You seem to have a powerful hold over your consciousness." I bowed back, dipping my head to my grin.

"Thank you, Trainer," I said happily. He gave me a small smile back before turning to the other two Xuétú in the class. Hayden smirked at me before focusing his attention on Trainer Entille.

Trainer Entille bowed again, then began speaking to Hayden and Arden. "I would like Master Arden and Master Hayden to show us their blind fighting skills. Men, take your positions."

I sat down in the watching area, far away from Lee's angry face that almost matched his shimmering purple robes. Hayden caught my eye and smiled cheekily before pulling on his black blindfold. He was quite good at blind fighting. I'd helped him expand his awareness, something that came easily to me because of the strong connection with my Dragon. He knew how to sense his opponent, and was almost as strong a fighter as I was. Probably better, but I used a small amount of Diànyuán to increase my fighting prowess.

Arden glowered at the smile shared between Hayden and I before blinding himself. As per usual. His dark-skinned face was always contorted into a mask of disgust, particularily when looking at me. He believed that he was the best at everything. Though his connection with his Dragon (Dragon of Deception, the Green Dragon) was quite strong, it was nothing compared to the secret bond I shared with Yín sè. Too bad nobody knew of our union besides Hayden.

The two of them began fighting, and my mind made a quick trip into the Other World. Arden seemed distracted, his awareness barely reaching beyond his own body. Hayden's consciousness expanded to the boundaries of the fighting pad, and soon he had Arden pinned down with one of his practice swords.

"Point Hayden," Trainer Entille announced. Arden immediately tore off the black cloth and glowered at Hayden, and then at me. I beamed at him, causing his brows to knit together.

"Master Arden, you seem unfocused. Whatever happens, you need to concentrate on the present, not the past." Arden bowed his head, dislike burning in his eyes. "Master Hayden, well done. Keep up the training with Master Reiara; it seems to be good for you."

After we all exchanged bows and left class early. Next up was meditation for Hayden and me. The two of us had it on Mondays and Thursdays with Jamie Wright, the youngest of the Xuétú at the time. The two of us walked from Xíngdòng dǎoyǔ to Hépíng zhī dǎo, bumping hips as we walked. On the bridge to Hépíng zhī dǎo, I climbed onto the railing and walked next to Hayden, for once getting a look at the top of his 6 foot something head.

"Be careful," he warned, earning a scoff from me. I had complete control over my body, and it had nothing to with my Dragon. I was just naturally balanced. "Yeah, that was stupid of me to say. C'mon and get down; we're here."