Train of Thought

Hey everyone! So is just like to explain to you guys that this story is in a weird point of view. It's sort of like its from someone's perspective but it's still in third person. You only know what they know.

Artemis' Perspective

"Artemis hurry! The train is leaving soon!" Artemis's father yelled to her from the fireplace. She had just finished saying goodbye to her mum and was on the way down when she realized she had forgotten something.

"My wand!" She exclaimed and ran back to her room. There, lying on her bed was the beautiful thing.. She had a light brown wand with a design of leaves traveling up the wand, like vines. Artemis reached for her wand and as soon as it touched her hand a jolt went through her body. She gasped as she fell to the ground, her body left on the floor as her mind was thrown into a flash back. A flashback that wasn't hers.

Flashback

"No!" A woman cried. She was tall, and had blonde hair. Her eyes were blue, like the ocean, and her skin was light. She was in a hospital, lying on one of the beds. Artemis looked around and recognized the hospital to be St. Mungos. She had been here enough to recognize it from both her and her mothers trips. Artemis stared at the woman in front of her.

"What's wrong?" Artemis asked the lady.

The woman ignored her and kept crying. Artemis walked forward to the woman's bed and reached her hand out to her. She screamed when she saw her arm. It was almost disappeared. She could see it, but then she could also see through it. She looked down and saw that her whole body was like that.

"Oh doctor! You told me it was just one! Just the boy!" The woman sobbed to the doctor. Artemis hadn't even noticed him come in.

"I can't explain it, we did the checkups and it was the boy that showed up. Always the boy. It was almost like the girl was invisible. It would explained why your stomach was so much larger than normal, but I don't understand," the doctor said, obviously troubled by the problem.

"You know I can't take care of both of them. I wasn't even meant to have him, it was a surprise to us!" She exclaimed, shaking.

"We can put them out for adoption Katherine," the doctor said.

"Not both. I can't lose both." She stated, tears still continuing to stream down her face.

"Which one would you like to keep?" He asked her.

"I need time doc. Give me some time to think," she mumbled. He nodded and exited while Artemis stood,staring silently at the scene, in the corner of the room. Her head was spinning and she was confused. Katherine stood and walked to the crib in the corner of the room. Artemis walked over with her and saw two beautiful babies, both sleeping. They had golden hair, and dark blue eyes, much like her own. The lady picked them both up and walked out the door of the hospital room.

They walked down the halls, slowly at first, but faster as time went on. Finally they reached the lobby where there was a couple, standing in front of the secretary desk thing. The woman was crying and the man had his arm around her comfortingly.

"No, I can't be! I refuse! I'm supposed to be pregnant!" The woman cried painfully. Artemis reasoned that she had either just lost an unborn baby or she was sterile.

"Excuse me," Katherine said to the lady. The woman turned around but her face was blurred. Artemis saw no features, only tan, blurry skin.

"Yes?" The woman said, coming towards Artemis and Katherine.

"I couldn't help but over hear, and I have twins. I can't take care of them both, because of my husbands work, and I was planning on giving one up for adoption. I just couldn't decide who. If you'd like to adopt one, you could." Katherine told the lady. Artemis held in a gasp as the unknown woman let one out.