Chapter Two

I sped down the forest bordered road, following my GPS to where Chief said to meet them. I felt kind of bad for not letting Ezra know that I'd be doing something. But I hadn't owned a cell phone for months now and would have had to find a phone at the station to call. It'd waste time. I couldn't be late for this meeting.

The part of town I was in was in didn't look like part of the city. There were woods everywhere, and not many houses or buildings. The sun was going down. It was making me wonder what I had gotten myself into.

I finally came to an open area where my GPS called me to turn into my destination. I turned on the designated road to find....

"A park?" I muttered to myself. "What the heck?"

There was no one on the playground. As I parked I noticed a black Dodge Charger across the parking lot with a brunette woman standing outside it. I was surprised to see a woman waiting for me. An attractive one at that. I shook my head to clear it and got out of my Jeep.

"No talking," I whispered to myself, walking toward her. Remembering what the Chief said, I held out the letter, showing her. As I got closer I saw her more clearly. She was built like she spent a lot of time in weight rooms. Her leather pants and boots added on to her intimidation factor.

When I was about ten feet away, she held up her hand in a motion for me to stop. I obeyed and waited.

"Throw it here," she ordered. I raised my eyebrow at her rude tone. Couldn't she just come and get it?

"You are new to this, so you don't understand," she muttered, raising her eyebrow back at me. "When I tell you to do something, you do it. So don't make me repeat myself."

Who does she think she is?

Impatiently, she huffed. "Throw it here."

I gave her one glance and threw the letter down about a foot in front of me. I wasn't going to put up with rudeness. As the letter hit the ground a growl sounded from the woman.

"You..." she growled, seeming to not know what to say. She tapped on the glass of the Charger's rear passenger window and the window slid down to reveal a slice of the person inside. Before I could get a good look, the door burst open, causing the brunette woman to have to dodge the door.

A blur of white came flying out of the car and stood in front of me, revealing a woman that I couldn't take my eyes off of. She was gorgeous. Dressed in the same leather pants and boots as the brunette, she had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes that stared at me in shock and what looked like anger.

I backed up a step, suddenly seeing that I was in trouble.

The movement caused the blonde to snarl, "MINE!"

What? She's crazy. I backed up another step and she took one more to keep the same distance.